All-Star ..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In addition to our own accommodations, each athlete on our two worlds teams are paying $100. That covers a sponsor shirt, practice bow, and a coaches fee. I'm assuming that will go towards paying for the coaches. We're not doing any special practice time or space.

That doesnt cover the t-shirt from illusive.

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone pays travel fees for coaches either directly or indirectly. For all the other comps, any coach fees are included in our payment schedule. For any extra comps, it's divided between whoever attends. Our $565 includes $275 registration, practice wear and coach fees. I'm not sure of the exact breakdown, but I estimate $125 practice wear (I'm guessing, it's a package from Illusive), $140 coach fees, $25 practice location in Florida.

Our practice wear, obviously, could be less...but it's a pretty small drop in the bucket. Last year, every gym family paid $115 (I think) in Summit fees regardless. When the first teams got bids, practice wear was offered. We bought it just in case her team got a bid. So, we paid for both and didn't go and it sucked. I'd rather do it this way. I'm glad she gets to enjoy the treat of new practice wear. :)

I'm sure everyone pays travel fees for coaches either directly or indirectly. For all the other comps, any coach fees are included in our payment schedule. For any extra comps, it's divided between whoever attends. Our $565 includes $275 registration, practice wear and coach fees. I'm not sure of the exact breakdown, but I estimate $125 practice wear (I'm guessing, it's a package from Illusive), $140 coach fees, $25 practice location in Florida.
Well I know we haven't been paying it but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts next year.

She was telling me the total they have spent on coaches flights and accommodations this year (and it's an extremely high number[emoji16]) and she said that its just too much to keep eating and I know it hasn't been charged before because we have a break down of every fee and they are exactly what's posted for comps this year and the uniform we weren't over charged on because I seen the varsity email design and the price is on there so I know she hasn't charged it anywhere else outside of maybe what our actual monthly tuition to be on a team is.

We also have been given quite a few nice shirts this year from the gym as a whole and we haven't paid for any of them and i truly love the way our new owner does it.

I'm curious to see our fees next year though[emoji6] because I expect changes for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we went to Summit two years ago, each family paid a $50 coaches travel fee. I felt that was reasonable but some people complained. I can't imagine paying some of the fees that other gyms are charging! We also paid around $20 for a bus to get to a gym for practice and another $20 for Summit team tshirts. I am not sure how they did it last year but I think they kept it the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We pay an Xtra $45 coaches fee for Worlds. We fundraised for the Tshirt and bow.
On top of the comp fees and travel costs. I am lucky to have miles and a friend with In-laws to stay with!

Last edited:
I agree one way or the other I think most gyms cover their coaches expenses which they rightfully should. If my company sends me on a business trip (and essentially competitions are coaches "business trips") they pay my travel expenses. I don't view coaches travel fees any differently.

I've been on an AL and PP bids. Generally, with a PP bid ($3000), coaches travel has been covered by that. We usually have 2-3 coaches. Again, though, we're flying from Canada, so flights are a lot more for us too.
Wait this is so annoying to me. I get that 3,000 dollars isnt a lot in terms of covering air fare, but I feel like the bid money should at least go to the kids on the team in some way.

Also the per child coaches fee is going to vary greatly by team- number of kids in team, how far they have to travel, etc. I wouldn't compare what one person pays and say you're getting ripped off. If you're questioning the amount just ask for a breakdown of the expenses.

Wait this is so annoying to me. I get that 3,000 dollars isnt a lot in terms of covering air fare, but I feel like the bid money should at least go to the kids on the team in some way.

It does. It covers the coach fees. Lol

Some gyms invest paid bids back into the gym, or so I've heard.

It does. It covers the coach fees. Lol

Some gyms invest paid bids back into the gym, or so I've heard.
I guess, I haven't really thought about it. Idk how this works, I've never earned a bid before. I figured it went to cover athletes travel expenses or rooms and the gym paid coaches travel.

So what exactly is this "$1000" covering? Is it above and beyond athlete entry fee, hotel, air transportation and food for your child?

Back