High School 4 Stunt Groups/20 Girls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 7, 2010
We lost a flyer. We have no one to replace her who can do what the others can. We have an alternate who can fly in the cheer and 2 man extensions, but she has no experience to do team stunt.

Our plan is 4 stunt groups (no fronts) and use the other 4 to run with flags or something like that.

Thoughts? Ideas? Is this going to work? We'd like to get to UCA Nationals.
Thank you.

We lost a flyer. We have no one to replace her who can do what the others can. We have an alternate who can fly in the cheer and 2 man extensions, but she has no experience to do team stunt.

Our plan is 4 stunt groups (no fronts) and use the other 4 to run with flags or something like that.

Thoughts? Ideas? Is this going to work? We'd like to get to UCA Nationals.
Thank you.

We have a similar issue 4 really strong flyers and one seems to be struggling a bit. I think in UCA it is always better to max out on stunt groups. I would personally rather see all 5 groups in the air even if one is "faking" the stunt. If placed properly sometimes it goes unnoticed.

We have 20. We could do 19 but we would have to redo the pyramid. The new flyer can't do any of it. No way could she learn the stunt. Not even fake it. She's willing to do extensions but nothing else. Will this definitely keep us from getting to nationals? I realize we can't make finals this way...

We have 20. We could do 19 but we would have to redo the pyramid. The new flyer can't do any of it. No way could she learn the stunt. Not even fake it. She's willing to do extensions but nothing else. Will this definitely keep us from getting to nationals? I realize we can't make finals this way...
Do 5.

What if she can only do an extension? No way can she go on 1 leg. Or should we do 19 kids? Oh boy you guys seem sure this is a bad idea.

At my CP's high school we are going through a similar situation. We started the season with 20 girls on Varsity. Lost 4 after the first football ame (long story) and another girl quit about 2 weeks ago. The problem is of those 5 girls 2 were flyers. So now we have a team of 15 and only 3 stunt groups. None of the flyers from JV could handle the stunts at this time and we have 2 seniors that have been reduced to nuggeting. We are trying to think of what the 3 girls could do while the rest of the team stunts. One of the girls can tumble a little the other 2 can just about do a cartwheel so we were thinking of having them hold a flag, banner, something or we are going to lose those girls also and it's a shame!!

I don't think it will keep you from nationals. Plenty of teams run flags and things(often during a tumbling section, I always assume it's because the girls can't tumble). It's most likely that the judges will look at the stunts not the flags.

As for faking it, we had one girl that once we got to nationals, she couldn't hit a thing, like all of a sudden she couldn't do a single thing, so she just did a super water down version of the stunt sequence, I think it might have done something to our score.

Also, one year at nationals we were medium and we had the potential for four stunt groups but long story short we moved someone up to varsity a week before nationals and while they learned every part of the routine, we decided not to have this new stunt group do our stunt sequence so we had three groups instead of four and I think it hurt our score.

What if she can only do an extension? No way can she go on 1 leg. Or should we do 19 kids? Oh boy you guys seem sure this is a bad idea.

It will not keep you from nationals!! It is just best to max out stunt groups but if it is not realistic just focus on making the 4 groups as strong as possible. Def a good idea to use the extra girls to tumble or run flags rather than using front spots. Partner stunt difficulty is worth 10 points and number of groups in only part of the score so you will be fine! I assume going to 16 and being a medium team is not an option.

Back