High School 4 Stunt Groups/20 Girls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay we're going with 20! Thanks everyone. Do we put the best bases with the weak flyer and just hope for the best with the rest? Or go medium bases for weak flyer and have her "cheat?"

It won't keep you from nationals, but whatever you do, don't use fronts. Also, maybe she needs to go as your center of pyramid.
You need to show 5-6 groups SOMEWHERE in music. 6 doesn't seem like it is happening, so at some point for max score you are going to have to show 5.... I don't know your routine so I don't know how to make an easy fix. If you hit, have a good cheer and a good structure it shouldn't keep you from a bid.

Choreography is a beautiful thing.. you could almost do 3 solid strong groups and have a group do a show and go in the back (with said weak flyer) then they could tumble across the front and also be used as spotters for each group ??

We will do 5 stunts and 6 two man. Hard to say how good it will be, but we will do our best. Thanks for all of your replies. Very much appreciated.

If it makes you feel better, I am about 3 days away from taking out my 2-mans and I have NO idea what I can put there that is dynamic and fast.. UGH (And I am a small varsity non-tumble).

If it makes you feel better, I am about 3 days away from taking out my 2-mans and I have NO idea what I can put there that is dynamic and fast.. UGH (And I am a small varsity non-tumble).
Can you build groups that can do a side dismount?
It's the dismount from the Hook It Up at 0:30. The main base quarter turns and catches facing the back and catches the upper portion of the top girl, and the backspot catches the hips and lower waist of the top girl. The side base maintains contact with the top girl's right foot and grabs on to the left foot and steps to the side while pulling her top girl's feet. Top girl just squeezes for her life and clicks her feet together.

Can you build groups that can do a side dismount?
It's the dismount from the Hook It Up at 0:30. The main base quarter turns and catches facing the back and catches the upper portion of the top girl, and the backspot catches the hips and lower waist of the top girl. The side base maintains contact with the top girl's right foot and grabs on to the left foot and steps to the side while pulling her top girl's feet. Top girl just squeezes for her life and clicks her feet together.

We have so much variety already, we already show the ram bar in right to prep for pyramid and we did the side out last year (while fun, SO OVERUSED), I need a power stunt with a pop down that is literally done in less then 2 8 counts.. but we will work through it... :) I am not too worried, just annoyed b/c they are LAZY and its really on them at this point. I know as soon as I tell them for now they are doing extension pop downs, the LAZY will last a week and it will be amazing the progress that will happen.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

We have so much variety already, we already show the ram bar in right to prep for pyramid and we did the side out last year, I need a power stunt with a pop down that is literally don't in less then 2 8 counts.. but we will work through it... :) I am not too worried, just annoyed b/c they are LAZY and its really on them at this point.
Tell them since it's not hitting, it's being taken out, and since they're being lazy, nothing is going to replace it. Have them stand clean instead of doing the stunt, and just continue through the routine as if nothing happened. Sounds harsh, but I've done this in the past, and it makes the girls work harder to hit after begging to be able to stunt again.

HAHAHA! I love it.... once I start moving people do do ANYTHING else they are like OMG we can do it and I make them do something really easy for like a practice to prove a point.

Do you have enough time to quick throw a basket?

I get lazy. They just don't want to push for more.

Our 3 front stunts are hitting. full up to extension, waterfall, switch up to stretch, arabesque, twist down. Not sure if that's enough. Our back to stunts can't full up or switch up YET. We intend to cheat them for November bid, but work to get them there.

We have no fulls right now. We have about 6 jump to tuck, 6 layouts, 6 running tucks, 6 hand hand tuck (they're the same girls as the jumps to tuck and layouts). Then a few round off back handspring.

Our 3 front stunts are hitting. full up to extension, waterfall, switch up to stretch, arabesque, twist down. Not sure if that's enough. Our back to stunts can't full up or switch up YET. We intend to cheat them for November bid, but work to get them there.

We have no fulls right now. We have about 6 jump to tuck, 6 layouts, 6 running tucks, 6 hand hand tuck (they're the same girls as the jumps to tuck and layouts). Then a few round off back handspring.

I think you should qualify no problem, just make sure that everyone and everything is clean, tight, sharp. Loud in the cheer, sharp signs, all those things because as much as difficulty matter, UCA looks for the sharpness and things because that what makes a great team stick out from a good one.

I can't wait to see you're routine, hopefully you can post a video at some point :)

Assuming you guys have the same number of skilled tumblers next season, I suggest that you go small.

Yes if we were small this year, we would be great (assuming we were loud etc etc).
Thanks GForce. We are working on that loud factor!

I am curious what makes a good sign. I think that would be a good new thread.

Back