High School 4 Stunt Groups/20 Girls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not worth it.. Not on UCA score sheet. We will likely just add a power stunt of some form.. Just ruffling their feathers.
Are your single base stunts at the beginning of the routine? We moved ours from before the cheer (after elite and tumbling) to the very opening of routine and they are looking so much better!

Yes. Been in UCA circuit since high school, this team doesn't seen to grasp the technique... They actually "change" because it's different. Not worth the time we were spending. We may revisit but for now, gone.

What do you mean?

I coach the strangest girls. Once something is "new" they throw everything they know out the door. Flyers don't stay tight, bases don't use legs, it's a mental game and after 2 months, I feel it's hurting us to not move on! We have had several UCA clinics and people to work with the team with minimal improvement in this area. So we no longer have single bases.

The girls have asked to put them back. I said after regionals we can try again.

Okay, I think I will stay after on Sunday and we have to give this one a try. My babies are doing them in their cheer. But I do understand your girls :) can't wait to see them this weekend.

Oh I've dealt with all that! We always work progressions but with single bases most of my team could not get concept of single base to hands or ext but when they tried single base libs they all hit :confused: good luck!!

Oh I've dealt with all that! We always work progressions but with single bases most of my team could not get concept of single base to hands or ext but when they tried single base libs they all hit :confused: good luck!!

Seriously that may work better... These kids are so weird!! Lol

So much for progression, lol.

Okay, I think I will stay after on Sunday and we have to give this one a try. My babies are doing them in their cheer. But I do understand your girls :) can't wait to see them this weekend.

I think my kids are nuts! I asked them dead serious last night what motivates them.. they looked at me like I was insane. I just hope we can pull together opening and cheer for the weekend so they can perform!

I think my kids are nuts! I asked them dead serious last night what motivates them.. they looked at me like I was insane. I just hope we can pull together opening and cheer for the weekend so they can perform!
They'll surprise you, as I'm sure they have in the past. We were threatening our girls that they will sit and cheer the other teams on and will not perform, because they were not getting it, hitting, way too much talking, not paying attention causing injuries, etc. This was at our last practice on Thursday and F&F (Family and Friends) night was Friday. Well the got there and warmed up and it was a desaster! But when it was time to actually perform, they got on the floor, did not move a finger until the music started and HIT everything! I was cursing because of all the stress and headache all week long! lost my voice from yelling, which is something I said I will not do. I refused to become a "yelling" coach, and here I could bearly talk.....And the HIT! really? I was very excited though. They have their first offical comp on Sunday, and I'll miss them :( but I will be with you :) yea!

Is a single base stunt with a side and back or is that a 2 man? I know that sounds like a stupid question but I'm trying to learn. I help coach but really I'm just a teacher and mom - I'm there to motivate. I help as much as I can and I come here and ask questions.

We have 6 girls in the air before the cheer starts. 2 regular groups and 4 groups with base/back/flyer.

We open with our team stunt.

Is a single base stunt with a side and back or is that a 2 man? I know that sounds like a stupid question but I'm trying to learn. I help coach but really I'm just a teacher and mom - I'm there to motivate. I help as much as I can and I come here and ask questions.

We have 6 girls in the air before the cheer starts. 2 regular groups and 4 groups with base/back/flyer.

Bases with no backspot is 2 man, a base and a backspot is a one man.

Single base/one-man is typically used interchangeably with 2-man. Since there's 2 people under the stunt, but only one base because you have to have a "spotter" and can't just have 2 bases, even though that person is usually acting more as a base than a spotter. But they're usually considered the same thing. Sometimes the second person isn't touching the stunt, but it's still 2 people involved under the stunt.

Back