90s Hip Hop/r & B Song For Routine

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 16, 2011
I'm wanting to have an upbeat 90s R & B or Hip Hop song in my mix this year for our dance.. This is pop warner level so has to be appropriate.. Ages 11 to 15. I've coached all stars so my routines are very all starish but just can't figure out a good song that you don't hear alot. HELP :)

No not really doing a theme just pulling a bunch of different songs but I always do an older song for dance.. last year we did the 1st verse of Can't Touch this.. open for any ideas on themes to

Just a couple ideas:
Finally- CeCe Peniston
Jump - Kris Kross
This is how we do it - Montell Jordan
Gonna Make you sweat (Everybody Dance now) - C&C music factory
Pump up the Jam - Technotronic
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
Bust a Move - Young MC (use the chorus)
No Limit - 2 Unlimited

My faves are StevieB (I Wanna B the One...we used it this past year for my Senior 3 team), Good Vibrations by Marky Mark:)...those are ones you don't hear often, but really are fun to work with! Good luck with your Pop Warner Team!

Heavy D & The Boyz - Now That We Found Love (this was the dance in one of our routines and sounds great on the floor!)
Naughty By Nature - Hip Hop Hooray
Biz Markie - Just a Friend
TLC - No Scrubs

LOVE the idea of Heavy D "Now That We Found Love!" Good Vibrations is awesome, too. If you want to go a little more obscure, check out "Everything's Going to be Alright" by Father MC and Jodeci. I think if it was sped up a little bit, it would make a great song for a routine!

Back