All-Star A Classroom Update And A Major Thank You...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Good luck with it, Katie. Are you looping with these kids or will a whole new group benefit from you for the upcoming school year?

Thank you! Initially, I was hired as a class-size reduction teacher (17 kids) and was supposed to loop with them through fifth grade. Unfortunately, due to budget cuts, we had to let go of a teacher for next year and the highest enrollment will be in first grade. I'll be staying in first grade because they couldn't hire another teacher. I have mixed feelings about it--- I would love to loop as intended, but I'm glad the high enrollment is keeping our school open! We've been really nervous for the past few months to see if we'd be open next year.

We are a year round school so I will have my current class through August. It will be very bittersweet to see them moving up to a new grade!

Where do I enter the code? I can't find a place? Nevermind I found it. Donated

Last edited:
Hello, fierce family! After receiving many private messages about any future projects, I am excited to share our newest project with you! We are trying to get a classroom library.

For the next 7 days, if you enter the code SPARK, your donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar! Click the title to help us out: Leveling Our Library!

Happy Father's Day!! -CheerKatie08

Good luck Katie! Got it through and you're so close to your goal!!!! Love that you're instilling the love of reading into these children, reading is one of my favorite things to do!

On an off topic question though, does your school allow donations sent straight to you through the mail? My girl's and I always put together a few boxes during school supply time (August for us) to donate to schools locally and nation wide who need it and I'd love to add your class to our list for this year. Feel free to PM.

Donated (and matched--that's wonderful). Yay! So thrilled to get your update. Keep up the amazing work, Katie!!!

Good luck Katie! Got it through and you're so close to your goal!!!! Love that you're instilling the love of reading into these children, reading is one of my favorite things to do!

On an off topic question though, does your school allow donations sent straight to you through the mail? My girl's and I always put together a few boxes during school supply time (August for us) to donate to schools locally and nation wide who need it and I'd love to add your class to our list for this year. Feel free to PM.

Will PM you! I buy all of their supplies out of pocket so any help would be wonderful. I sent out a small supply list (1 notebook, 1 folder) last year without realizing that the parents would use their EBT and WIC cards to buy their supplies from the grocery store. It broke my heart to realize that they used their food budget to buy supplies instead.

Update: Thank you all SO much for the donations for a new part of our reading library!!! The project was funded in a few short hours thanks to such a wonderful and supportive cheerleading community. For those of you who requested student work, you should be receiving thank you notes from them by mid-October in the mail :)

*In response to mail inquiries--- YES! We will always find ways to use items that are donated. We are in no way asking for anything new. I spend hours cruising yard sales and Goodwill for anything and everything to clean up and give to them.

Today was our last day of school and I have learned so much since the original post of this thread. Next year, I am planning to spend the first 30 minutes of each day to get my students "ready" for school. This year's class did not always have water and electricity at home. They would often come to school unbathed and dressed in the same clothes all week. I am hoping to provide some of them with items like clean underwear, socks, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, and uniform tops so we can be ready to learn. If any of you are extreme coupons who would be willing to help out-- let me know. I can compile a "wishlist" of items that will help with their basic hygienic needs.

YOU ALL ROCK! Hope you have a wonderful, safe, and cheer-injury-free summer!

Will PM you! I buy all of their supplies out of pocket so any help would be wonderful. I sent out a small supply list (1 notebook, 1 folder) last year without realizing that the parents would use their EBT and WIC cards to buy their supplies from the grocery store. It broke my heart to realize that they used their food budget to buy supplies instead.

When CP and I get the package together I'll let you know via PM when to expect it. If you don't mind letting me know what you can use the most of, I can set it as our focus for your classroom!

What type of books are you looking for? Like kids chapter books? Is there a maximum page number or specific grade level you're looking for when looking for books to put in your classroom?

Katie, please put together a list of essentials - school supply and basic hygiene wise - that non-cp and I can shop for and send you for the kids. We would love to help out as much as we can!
Us as well... We would love to send you guys a care package....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would really like to help with this. My mom is an avid goodwill shopper. Please let us know what colors to buy for uniform tops and bottoms, and what the rules are

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am currently compiling a list of supplies for those of you who asked :)

My roster for next year will have 32 kids and I currently don't have enough room to seat them on a carpet. Our latest fundraiser is for a carpet that will fit all of the kids and give them an assigned spot to encourage friendship, collaboration, and a "home".

I tried to raise as much as possible without asking you all, including putting my tutoring paychecks toward it, but am having trouble with the second half. I would love if you all could share this link with anyone who is passionate about education! You will receive photos, artwork, and our most heartfelt thanks.

Here is the link: A Place for Everyone in our Classroom Community

I am currently compiling a list of supplies for those of you who asked :)

My roster for next year will have 32 kids and I currently don't have enough room to seat them on a carpet. Our latest fundraiser is for a carpet that will fit all of the kids and give them an assigned spot to encourage friendship, collaboration, and a "home".

I tried to raise as much as possible without asking you all, including putting my tutoring paychecks toward it, but am having trouble with the second half. I would love if you all could share this link with anyone who is passionate about education! You will receive photos, artwork, and our most heartfelt thanks.

Here is the link: A Place for Everyone in our Classroom Community

Thanks for putting together a list, feel free to PM it to me whenever you're done.

After meeting with my school's new principal today, here is a list of high-need items we compiled for those who are interested in donating to our classroom. I am more than willing to PM my mailing address for manufacturer's coupons for basic self-care items as well. I spend hours clipping & organizing them for our school as a whole! Any tips on where to get the best back-to-school deals will help too!

Here is some background as to why I am asking for these particular items: last year, I noticed that basic self-care was often a barrier to learning. We are located right near Section 8 housing, and some children live in a shelter across the highway--- running water is not a daily luxury for many families. My windows are sealed shut and made of plexiglass to prevent the danger of drive-by shootings, but our south facing window/no AC combo means it gets HOT and therefore a little smelly! We do not have a school nurse, gym teacher or art teacher, so my room is the one-stop-shop when it comes to making sure we are cleaned up from these daily activities. We have a sink in our room that I would like to take better advantage of.

Hand Sanitizer
Tissues
Band-aids
Antibacterial handsoap
Children's mouthwash
Bathroom-sized cups (for mouthwash)
Plastic cups
Soft-bristle toothbrushes
Breath Mints
Antibacterial surface wipes
Hair Ties
Antibacterial Spray
Odor-eliminating air spray
Paper towels
Zip loc bags (quart/gallon size)
Febreze
Granola bars
Non-perishable snacks that can be easily divided into bags such as Goldfish, Teddy Grahams, etc.
Coffee filters (we are thrifty and use these as plates for snacks!)
Clear Packing Tape
Uniform tops (white/light blue/navy polo)
Children's underwear
Socks
Shoelaces (many get hand-me-down shoes, so these will help them stay on better!)
Sharpies to label these items when sent home
24-count Crayon boxes (to send home for homework)
Gently used children's books
Used printer cartridges (I recycle these to get rewards towards their school supplies)

This probably doesn't come as a surprise either, but I am returning to coach the cheerleading team for another year! They are 3rd-5th grade girls. This is 100% voluntary on my end, so we don't have a budget for anything. I would gladly put my paycheck towards that if that were the case! Many come to practice in their school uniforms. Here are some items I would love to provide the girls with:

Teen Deodorant (!!!!!)
Body Wash
Socks
Tampons/Pads/Pantyliners
Chapstick
Training/Sports bras
White Tee shirts for games (like the kinds that come in hanes 3-packs)
Royal Blue soffee shorts (sizes range from Youth L-Adult XL)
1-inch white ribbon

We love to show our gratitude and will gladly send you photos, letters, and artwork to update you on our progress throughout the year!

I am grateful for all this community has provided my students with, but I know poverty is also present within our cheerleading community. I have practice shoes, shorts, and tees that I have saved and would love to give. Please PM me if your gym has a cheerleader who can benefit from these items.

Back