OT A Good Charity For Donating Hair?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
tumblr_mn9wvhknhB1qataako1_250.jpg

in case anyone was wondering, i did cut off 8 inches of my hair and donated it to pantene's beautiful lengths. this is a picture of my "new 'do" =] didn't have the confidence to shave it bald but i'm proud of myself for donating what i did.

That looks awesome! I chopped and donated mine yesterday too... It was about 10 inches and she wasted about 2 more because she wouldn't go as short as I wanted.

ANYWAYS, for anyone else looking to donate, ask your stylist too! When I mentioned that if it was long enough I would donate it they gave me the haircut for free. And there is nothing I love more than free stuff, for real.

I really want to cut mine to my shoulders and donate it..but I'm so scared I'll miss my long hair! And my mom keeps saying I will regret it. My hair is just so thick and there's so much, that I really just want to change it up, and I feel like donating it would be for a good cause! I'm such a chicken :p

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

eek, double post!
Ok you guys, I did it! I finally gave in and donated my hair this morning. I got a total of about 17 inches cut off, and 14 of those inches were donated! And we asked my salon what organization they would send the hair to because we felt like locks of love sounded a little bit shady with them charging cancer patients for wigs, so they said they send all their hair to a children's cancer organization. It's awesome to know that a little kid somewhere will now be blessed with my hair! Can't wait to do it again :)
here's the before..I'm on the left. And this was actually taken in mid-April, and my hair's grown about 4 inches or so since then.
(eta: sorry these are so big!!)
12529_10200448079718627_1187429010_n.jpg

and the after..bad picture my mom took at lunch, but it'll do!
968977_4441226167596_320447377_n.jpg

Locks for love is an amazing charity. I've donated at least 4 times. Check out their website to find the requirements needed in order to donate!

I really want to cut mine to my shoulders and donate it..but I'm so scared I'll miss my long hair! And my mom keeps saying I will regret it. My hair is just so thick and there's so much, that I really just want to change it up, and I feel like donating it would be for a good cause! I'm such a chicken :p

Just do it! Remember its for a good cause, and hair will always grow back. Plus, if you really end up missing it, invest in some extensions.

Back