All-Star A New Individual Comp This Summer!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I dont know about most of you but I personally do cheer to compete as part of a TEAM NOT INDIVIDUAL. I certainly did not join cheer to be judged on a modelling contest. Yes we may have big hair but cheer is a sport here it goes discrediting cheer yet again!

Did not know they had connections. Thought was two complete different ventures.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Hater Shades, trying to be relevant since 2009.

One of the things I just read is that video submissions need to include the athletes routine and them also in formal wear. What if we do not want our kids to participate in the modeling portion for the talent agents that will be there?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Hater Shades, trying to be relevant since 2009.

One of the things I just read is that video submissions need to include the athletes routine and them also in formal wear. What if we do not want our kids to participate in the modeling portion for the talent agents that will be there?

Can they do their routines in the formal wear? Efficiency is everything during the last month of school.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

What's weird is that if this is The Green Agency in South Beach Miami it is a very reputable good casting agency....We moved from S. FL (I lived down the street from Delray Beach where this "pageant" is) a year ago and I went on a couple of casting calls there....they are legit....I know it doesn't mean anything but they are not running it out of Susie's basement or anything if that matters....at least the casting agency part....

I don't think anyone is questioning the legitimacy of the modeling agent as much as why does that need to be part of a competition for cheerleaders.

No other cheerleading competition has a formal wear portion to it. Can you imagine NCA, Cheersport, of the usasf doing that? As someone else said this seems more like a beauty pageant with cheerleading as the skill portion. Fine if it is but market it that way, not as a cheer competition with a pageant and workshops attached.

I don't think anyone is questioning the legitimacy of the modeling agent as much as why does that need to be part of a competition for cheerleaders.

No other cheerleading competition has a formal wear portion to it. Can you imagine NCA, Cheersport, of the usasf doing that? As someone else said this seems more like a beauty pageant with cheerleading as the skill portion. Fine if it is but market it that way, not as a cheer competition with a pageant and workshops attached.

If the competition was marketed as a beauty pageant with cheerleading as the skills portion, it would probably get over looked. Marketing it as a cheerleading competition will attract more people to it as opposed to a pageant for cheerleaders. At least that's what I think.

Modeling and cheerleading have no correlation??? Since I'm a cheerleader does that mean I can go be a model now? I would love to meet Tyra Banks! Maybe grace the cover of Vogue once or twice

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If the competition was marketed as a beauty pageant with cheerleading as the skills portion, it would probably get over looked. Marketing it as a cheerleading competition will attract more people to it as opposed to a pageant for cheerleaders. At least that's what I think.
Agree, maybe this is all a case of perspective but from what I am reading and hearing from friends it really is just a way to try getting some cheerleaders into modeling/pageants. Nothing wrong of that's your cup of tea but think a lot of parents and some cheerleaders feel insulted at how it could portray cheer.

Back