All-Star A Note To All Social Media Users...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

krystynakrez

CheeringWonka
Jul 4, 2010
I know this may not be the most appropriate place to post this but it is definitely the most viewed area of the board and it generates the most traffic.

The reason for this thread is just for me is to kind of branch off of some of the other threads that are being frequented right now and to urge all of you guys to put your social media accounts on private. I know you don't want to do that, so that you'll have more exposure to the cheer world, people can find you easier, you can connect with others faster, whatever it may be. But it's also a lot easier for all of your information to fall into the hands of the wrong people.

Over the past week or so, I've been posting on the boards about some social media drama I've been involved in. Basically, I had my name and pictures stolen and made into a fake instagram, twitter, and facebook account. I have no idea who took my information, but they also took the information of 4 of my cousins who are also underage.

Think about it, you know how easy it is to screenshot a message and send it to your friends? That's how easy it is for someone to screenshot your picture and create a fake account. The internet is a very open place with loads of information. And nothing ever goes away, even if you think you've deleted it.

Please be careful and wise about who views your accounts. It's scary when you're aware of someone trying to pass as you... and I don't wish that upon anyone.

And with that, I hope I've encouraged at least a few of you to secure your accounts.

I know this may not be the most appropriate place to post this but it is definitely the most viewed area of the board and it generates the most traffic.

The reason for this thread is just for me is to kind of branch off of some of the other threads that are being frequented right now and to urge all of you guys to put your social media accounts on private. I know you don't want to do that, so that you'll have more exposure to the cheer world, people can find you easier, you can connect with others faster, whatever it may be. But it's also a lot easier for all of your information to fall into the hands of the wrong people.

Over the past week or so, I've been posting on the boards about some social media drama I've been involved in. Basically, I had my name and pictures stolen and made into a fake instagram, twitter, and facebook account. I have no idea who took my information, but they also took the information of 4 of my cousins who are also underage.

Think about it, you know how easy it is to screenshot a message and send it to your friends? That's how easy it is for someone to screenshot your picture and create a fake account. The internet is a very open place with loads of information. And nothing ever goes away, even if you think you've deleted it.

Please be careful and wise about who views your accounts. It's scary when you're aware of someone trying to pass as you... and I don't wish that upon anyone.

And with that, I hope I've encouraged at least a few of you to secure your accounts.

I am so sorry you have had to go through all this!! I hate that you had to shut your twitter down (but don't blame you)! I enjoyed your tweets, especially after we found out what we had in common. I do completely understand though!!

I hope that kids will learn from your experience!! Although my twitter and Instagram are not locked, my Facebook is. And my daughter is REQUIRED (by me) to lock all hers!! I do hope that nothing else happens, just know that all is "psyco cheer parents" have your back!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone An Apple a Day Keeps the Android Away

I am so sorry you have had to go through all this!! I hate that you had to shut your twitter down (but don't blame you)! I enjoyed your tweets, especially after we found out what we had in common. I do completely understand though!!

I hope that kids will learn from your experience!! Although my twitter and Instagram are not locked, my Facebook is. And my daughter is REQUIRED (by me) to lock all hers!! I do hope that nothing else happens, just know that all is "psyco cheer parents" have your back!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone An Apple a Day Keeps the Android Away
I plan to bring my twitter back up soon, most likely next week, but it will definitely stay locked. I'm definitely an advocate for private accounts for all kids now.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

To add-- I've had my instagram on private since i've had it. Honestly, it makes you allow or ignore a follow request, and you would not BELIEVE how many requests I get from creepy guys. It seriously is so important to keep your info private.
Same here. And some requests I get I swear must be viruses of some sort.

Oh, this is absolutely an appropriate place to post it. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, and hopefully you can get those accounts shut down.

Oh, this is absolutely an appropriate place to post it. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, and hopefully you can get those accounts shut down.

I had to report the facebook page twice and that's down, but I'm not sure about the instagram. I know they changed the name from "krystynakrzf" to "beth_kf" and blocked me, but I don't know much else.

I had to report the facebook page twice and that's down, but I'm not sure about the instagram. I know they changed the name from "krystynakrzf" to "beth_kf" and blocked me, but I don't know much else.
still up, but set to private. i reported it but have noticed that instagram is no where near facebook in responding to reports (even though they're run by the same people)

That is soooooooo creepy...I am glad you were able to get it taken care of. How did you figure it out? How would I know if someone stole pictures or created a fake fb?

That is soooooooo creepy...I am glad you were able to get it taken care of. How did you figure it out? How would I know if someone stole pictures or created a fake fb?

So basically, one day last week I was scrolling through the #jerseyallstars tag on instagram, just to see all of the posts and what not, and I came across a picture of me, but I wasn't the one who posted it. I clicked on the account name and it brought me to this fake account of me, krystynakrzf. I went through the pictures to see that they were all pictures that I had posted on my own instagram account. I then realized that they took pictures of me WITH other people and they also created fake accounts for those other people. There was a total of 5 fake accounts all connected by a fake last name, Festin. The weird part is that the fake accounts would talk to each other in the comments of all of the pictures. I was surprised by how in depth this account was going so I figured I'd go on facebook and see if they made a facebook account with the "Festin" name, and sure enough, they did.

I plan to bring my twitter back up soon, most likely next week, but it will definitely stay locked. I'm definitely an advocate for private accounts for all kids now.

So weird, creepy, and scary. People don't realize that by not keeping their accounts private, it's like standing on a crowded street full of strangers and shouting all your personal info for anyone to hear. Bless you.

So basically, one day last week I was scrolling through the #jerseyallstars tag on instagram, just to see all of the posts and what not, and I came across a picture of me, but I wasn't the one who posted it. I clicked on the account name and it brought me to this fake account of me, krystynakrzf. I went through the pictures to see that they were all pictures that I had posted on my own instagram account. I then realized that they took pictures of me WITH other people and they also created fake accounts for those other people. There was a total of 5 fake accounts all connected by a fake last name, Festin. The weird part is that the fake accounts would talk to each other in the comments of all of the pictures. I was surprised by how in depth this account was going so I figured I'd go on facebook and see if they made a facebook account with the "Festin" name, and sure enough, they did.
Ugh..:eek: Makes me literally want to barf.

Back