OT A Place To Chat About Other Sports :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The other day my 9 year old had a meltdown (complete with crying) over the fact that her 3 favorite Ranger players have been traded...once Napoli was announced she was done....
I have no comment on the NHL lockout...it barely recovered the last one...this is going to kill hockey in our country.

I'm going to FSU tomorrow to film my younger brother for lacrosse. He's actually really good once he kicks his butt into gear. Should be interesting as I know NO ONE besides my family.

So, my brother isn't going to FSU for another couple of weeks so I don't have to film him today! I'm happy because it's 39 F outside

For those who don't know I work in a sports arena so I see everything (including cheer!). I'm so sick of indoor soccer. One kick to the face and these guys are on the ground, I can't help but think they wouldn't last a day in cheer.
Now the hockey team we used to have was the best! I love me some hockey.

it is a warm 27 in NY but awoke to 4-5 inches of snow and high wind with more on the way. Guessing time to take the trampoline down.
Hahah my dad took the trampoline down the week after I left for school :(
I have to drive back up to Green Bay today, apparently we have 10.5 inches of snow there...yay. (I hate snow)

CP was stillusing the trampoline a week or two ago so never thought of taking it down yet. This is our first significant snowfall this season but don't think we are gettign that much today.

Loving all the hockey fans on here! I play hockey for my school's (slightly coed) varsity team, I'm the only girl, and it's not the most popular sport at my school.

Loving all the hockey fans on here! I play hockey for my school's (slightly coed) varsity team, I'm the only girl, and it's not the most popular sport at my school.
My daughter never would have made our local HS team (she is a goalie :)) but we have had a number of girls make the roster and see some game time. They tried to make a girls varsity team a few years ago but our athletic director shot it down. Rumor is the boys varsity coach did not want to potentially lose his prime time practice time.

My daughter never would have made our local HS team (she is a goalie :)) but we have had a number of girls make the roster and see some game time. They tried to make a girls varsity team a few years ago but our athletic director shot it down. Rumor is the boys varsity coach did not want to potentially lose his prime time practice time.

I played on a girls' travel team for the last two years and wanted to play for my high school team my senior year. We don't have try outs because we there's only 14 hockey players in my school to begin with, 4 of them have been playing for about 3 weeks lol and the rest of us all see the ice.

Lacrosse starts in less than a month for me, this makes me happy.

Says the kid who started lax at 5, made it until high school, made varsity as a freshman and burned out. Never thought I'd pick up my stick again. Went to a JuCo where they went to the national tournament every year from the start and got talked into coming out of retirement. Changed junior colleges (to one that hadn't won a game since 05 season) and still played. Never in my dreams had I thought I'd make it past junior college lacrosse, ended up getting 11 offers (with and without scholarship) to play at various universities.

I know rfw1955 is happy about this as well since she won't be paying much for my tuition, and she won't have to play catch with me and keep getting beat up.

College football is king around me. No professional sports in SC and being in the middle of SEC country we're dedicated CFB fans. Excited for the rest of bowl season. I hope Bama wins in the title but I'm thinking it's going to be a closer game than post are expecting.

Good luck to my Gamecocks against Michigan on the 1st! GO GAMECOCKS

After cheering for a losing boys basketball team the last 2 seasons, my high school team is FINALLY good. It's like they came out of nowhere with talent and one of our best players isn't even elligable to play until January because hes a new student. He's 6'8! It's so awesome to go into a game basically knowing you'll win. Expecially since I'm in the stands injured right now-watching a losing team would just not be fun. And it wasn't like we lost by 1 or 2 the last couple of years either... We got killed almost every game. I'm so proud of our boys and can't wait til I can cheer again!!:D:D

Back