All-Star Aca Nationals Fortworth Tx

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

#biddramamess

Announced Paid to Spirit IOC - and, then mistakenly passed it down to Cheer Athletics Wildcats.....
... when it should have went to Spirit Medium Coed.

They made it right and gave Spirit an additional bid, so props to them.. but dang - who is getting their butt ripped for that $25k mistake!

Paid Bids:
Panthers
Spirit Med Coed
Wildcats

What an expensive mistake - from what I'm reading - it's not the first time ACA has had this problem.

What a expensive mistake - from what I'm reading - it's not the first time ACA has had this problem.

Not ACA, but Varsity. I remember specifically UCA had to grant an extra bid and I believe NCA had to as well.

My point is that it's an awful convenient way around bid limitations. If you were sitting around a table and had a way to award bids the CA Panthers, CA Wildcats and SOT if you ONLY had 3 bids, this sure does look like a way to make it happen.

The "penalty" shouldn't just be the $25,000 for the bid; the penalty should be that the EP has to give one LESS bid the next year to correct the error.

The first time it happened, I didn't like it, but UCA got USASF approval to make it happen. Things happen and I get that.

But when it got approved, it seems awfully suspicious to me that two additional Varsity EP's have had the SAME issue.

#biddramamess

Announced Paid to Spirit IOC - and, then mistakenly passed it down to Cheer Athletics Wildcats.....
... when it should have went to Spirit Medium Coed.

They made it right and gave Spirit an additional bid, so props to them.. but dang - who is getting their butt ripped for that $25k mistake!

Paid Bids:
Panthers
Spirit Med Coed
Wildcats

What an expensive mistake - from what I'm reading - it's not the first time ACA has had this problem.

It's more than $25k. It's the other EP's who get extremely mad because this competition gets to give out an extra bid. It is becoming a very interesting tradition. Why wouldn't another competition just 'make' that mistake next year to increase attendance?

It's more than $25k. It's the other EP's who get extremely mad because this competition gets to give out an extra bid. It is becoming a very interesting tradition. Why wouldn't another competition just 'make' that mistake next year to increase attendance?
Are you suggesting they are advertising these "mistakes"? That would be a scandal in itself.

Are you suggesting they are advertising these "mistakes"? That would be a scandal in itself.

No need to advertise. Who won't know about this in Texas?

Not ACA, but Varsity. I remember specifically UCA had to grant an extra bid and I believe NCA had to as well.

My point is that it's an awful convenient way around bid limitations. If you were sitting around a table and had a way to award bids the CA Panthers, CA Wildcats and SOT if you ONLY had 3 bids, this sure does look like a way to make it happen.

The "penalty" shouldn't just be the $25,000 for the bid; the penalty should be that the EP has to give one LESS bid the next year to correct the error.

The first time it happened, I didn't like it, but UCA got USASF approval to make it happen. Things happen and I get that.

But when it got approved, it seems awfully suspicious to me that two additional Varsity EP's have had the SAME issue.
I agree ACEDAD - they should be penalized - by having LESS bids to offer the next year.
That will hurt them where it hurts, their pockets.

No need to advertise. Who won't know about this in Texas?
Yes, but as ACEDAD said - UCA has done it NCA has done it.... now ACA...
Is this Varsity's way of trying to have more hands in the mix for Worlds then JamBrands? - even more then was agreed upon by the Varsity dominated USASF.

Yes, but as ACEDAD said - UCA has done it NCA has done it.... now ACA...
Is this Varsity's way of trying to have more hands in the mix for Worlds then JamBrands? - even more then was agreed upon by the Varsity dominated USASF.

I think you put yourself in a difficult situation. Handing out extra paid bids doesn't make any of us mad I don't think. But competing EP's I think disagree.

Like I posted in the other thread, if ACA has a history of doing this then I would call into question everything about the competition down to the judging and scoring because if they can't get this right then what makes me think they got the other stuff right. Mistakes happen, but if this has happened before at the same competition there is an issue.

Back