All-Star Adding A Medium Division To Levels 1-4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What I would LOVE would be to see some numbers for how many teams are in each current division, how many events they attend, and how many are on each team. That is the data that you really need to make intelligent decisions about the direction we need to go with divisions.

I agree. Being honest that was just a number throwing out. Until everyone is tracked and what not all of this is kinda spit balling ideas.

Coming from a girl who cheers at a gym with 4 competitive teams and 2 rec teams...I do not mind competing against larger teams or teams from a large gym. It shouldn't matter what gym you come from, it matters what you put on that mat. I used to be on the other side (still at the same gym), where we had all large teams. We maxed out on 36 in almost every division. The year before they capped it at 36, my senior 3 team had 39 girls (2007 i think...). We were very successful, we were grand champions at American Cheer Power Tournament of Champions and came in first place at the "World's Best" Competition (now called U.S. finals). Now we have prominently small teams, 18ish kids. Our largest team has 23 girls on it. Do i care that we compete against a team with 36 kids? No. It pushes me to work harder and sell my routine that much more. Not everyone can get a trophy, it has to be earned, period. The size of your team doesn't necessarily decide this. Also, I really don't like it when larger scale competitions split the division into small gym and large gym. Just because my gym is small should I feel like we aren't good enough to compete against the others? I don't think so. I understand it is also done to keep divisions from overflowing with teams, but I miss the old ways...

Was just an idea. At 25 people per team means you would have set and known ratios, would speed up judging, would not affect level 5 (as the level 5 would be left alone) and would guarentee every division at every competition would have more competition.

I think that if we're going to go with a system like this, then there has to be some standardized judging system in place that would include quantity scores/ratios to keep from penalizing small teams. There are a few competitions we've been to where my senior 3 team (10 girls) has been beaten up in their difficulty scores and scored lower than larger teams (20 kids) with less difficulty and less solid stunting. I feel like it's already been a problem for us with the small division set at 20 athletes, and I think competing against teams with 25 teams would be an even bigger problem for us. Hope that makes sense.

I think that if we're going to go with a system like this, then there has to be some standardized judging system in place that would include quantity scores/ratios to keep from penalizing small teams. There are a few competitions we've been to where my senior 3 team (10 girls) has been beaten up in their difficulty scores and scored lower than larger teams (20 kids) with less difficulty and less solid stunting. I feel like it's already been a problem for us with the small division set at 20 athletes, and I think competing against teams with 25 teams would be an even bigger problem for us. Hope that makes sense.

It does. And all of that isn't possible until we fix difficulty scoring and make that non live. See other thread (haha)

I still think divisions should be small 20, medium 26, large 32 across the board. Levels 1-5

kingston , @ bluecat How many kids would you have to turn away if all 1-4 division were 25. Or would you just have multiple teams in the same divisions?

I believe that is a max of 672 kids if you completely fill each team and have the same coed splits

kingston , @ bluecat How many kids would you have to turn away if all 1-4 division were 25. Or would you just have multiple teams in the same divisions?

I believe that is a max of 672 kids if you completely fill each team and have the same coed splits

For once idk what the numbers look like for Rays.

I like 20 and 30 for 1-5. I could see 16/18 and 28 working but I would definitely prefer 20 and 30

at first i didnt want to see it in L5, but them it worked really well. at the same time i dont wantr to see more divisions with only one or 2 teams competting in it. for L1-4 keep it small or large for the sake of competition.

Back