All-Star Age Divisions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 3, 2011
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping you all can clarify something with me because I am so lost. I'm from Australia and my old team (which followed a different set of rules) had ages 17 and under and were in the Senior division.

This year, we have moved to AASCF competitions (which follows USASF's age grid I believe) and have ages 14-25. Which category does this place us into? I was under the impression of us being in Open L2, but on the grid I can't find that anywhere?

Help :banghead:

Open 2 doesn't exist. International open 5 is 15 and up.
It's very different in Australia since it's newer here and a lot of people start at a later age :)
we have senior (open) teams aged 14 and up for levels 1 thru 5. For example I'm on a senior level 2 team and we have people ages 16 to 30. There is no max age limit for senior teams

It's very different in Australia since it's newer here and a lot of people start at a later age :)
we have senior (open) teams aged 14 and up for levels 1 thru 5. For example I'm on a senior level 2 team and we have people ages 16 to 30. There is no max age limit for senior teams

Oh, i was under the impression they were asking what division they would be under USASF guidlines.

Oh, i was under the impression they were asking what division they would be under USASF guidlines.

Oops sorry good point, I just assumed she meant AASCF since that is the guiding body in Australia. It's pretty confusing because Australia follows the AASCF guidelines, which are 99% the same as USASF guidelines, but then there are slight differences with things like age divisions and names of divisions. I.e. what we call senior you would call open. But I'm very happy to be completely corrected on this if I'm wrong though...

USASF has..
Tiny: 5 and younger
Mini: 8 and younger
Youth: 11 and younger
Junior: 14 and younger
Senior: 10-18 (or 12-18 in level 5)
International Open 5: 15 and older
International Open 6: 17 and older

Oops sorry good point, I just assumed she meant AASCF since that is the guiding body in Australia. It's pretty confusing because Australia follows the AASCF guidelines, which are 99% the same as USASF guidelines, but then there are slight differences with things like age divisions and names of divisions. I.e. what we call senior you would call open. But I'm very happy to be completely corrected on this if I'm wrong though...

yeah that's what i was getting at haha i am sooo confused because my old team did AusCheer and once i hit 18, they would've had to get rid of everyone under 14 so they could compete as open. but im in a new team doing AASCF and i thought we were considered opens, but then i was talking to a girl who said my team were competing against them at an upcoming competition and they were seniors. so i went to the AASCF site to check out the age divisions and it just linked me to the USASF age grids.
gaahhh i'm just confused. so does that mean the team i'm on is considered opens or seniors?

Latest posts

Back