All-Star Age Question?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 7, 2011
this is not a real life situation - however i was thinking about this the other day.
lets say you have a level 5 on a junior team that is 11 years old.
however she turns 12 early in the year after tryouts, etc.
would it be at all possible to move them from a junior team to a senior team throughout the season?
OR after they turn 12, could they cross over to a senior team and still be on the junior team?

sorry if i'm being confusing but i wanted more clarity on this.

this is not a real life situation - however i was thinking about this the other day.
would it be at all possible to move them from a junior team to a senior team throughout the season?
OR after they turn 12, could they cross over to a senior team and still be on the junior team?

The athlete must be 12 by August 31st of the year of the season in which they compete. It's possible for the athlete to be on both the Junior and Senior teams, yes.
Check the Age Grid. http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Member Documents /09_10_Age_Grid.pdf

The age of the competitor as of August 31, 2011 will be the age used for competition purposes throughout the 2011-2012 season for
all divisions

If the cheerleader is 12 on or before August 31st, they can compete on a World's senior level 5 team.

Any cheerleader 18 or under can, in theory, compete on a Senior Restricted 5 or Senior 1-4 team.

Latest posts

Back