Aged Out Bigname Posterchilds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 24, 2013
Have you ever wondered what would happen after all these "cheerlebrities" age out? For example, when Peyton, Matt, and Jamie all age out and are no longer on Cheetahs will Cheetahs still have a fan base that is just as big?

If they are smart, they will parlay their name recognition into hosting/appearances at camps, clinic tours, etc. and generate revenue.

If you're going to have everyone talking about you, you may as well use it to generate income to pay for college, etc.

I believe a few of the well-known Cali Smoed graduates are doing this now.

While the cheerlebrities on a team do tend to add to the recognition I suspect their presence in that team is what propelled them into that notoriety. There are still a few high profile athletes on Cheetahs (since you used them as your example) that have several years of eligibility left. I suspect that other talented, social media savvy athletes will replace those you mentioned as they age out.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I noticed a comment early on CSP's Instagram from a fan saying that she does not recognise anyone from Sr Elite which got me thinking, this could be a good thing, the team have a chance to do something totally new and be a totally different team. They can change the way people perceive them and maybe get some new fans on the way.

Remember the saying, an individual doesn't make a team.
There is always a new generation to take their place.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Welcome to Hollywood.
Some will be one hit wonders, (They did that one cool thing in that routine one year.....do they still cheer?)
Some will be celebs for a few years, (They have everyone obsessing over their instagram........until they age out)
Some will stay in the game forever. (They are and always will be a legend. Hello international division!)

As the saying about celebrities goes though:
"There will always be a younger & prettier face to take your place"

Quite a few of the non-aged out ones make appearances at camps and clinics around the world already... Kiara N. and Carly M. attended a clinic in Sweden last year... Erica E. was in Norway for stuff....

I can definitely see Kiara and Carly having stable careers, and Erica has already started coaching.

I think all of the top teams (basically the ones that get 1st, 2nd, & 3rd at Worlds/NCA) will always be well known regardless of their cheerlebs. For example, most people don't know who anyone on TGLC is, but they are still very well known. Same for SSX, World Cup Shooting Stars, Orange, F5, Lady Bullets, etc. However, those teams don't have a million Instagram fanpages and stuff like Smoed, Cheetahs, Senior Elite, etc. But those well known teams are also from well known gyms. I think people will still obsess over Senior Elite even though their cheerlebs are gone, (exception of Jenee) for other reasons like their uniforms, music, etc. And when the cheerlebrities age out of the famous teams, the fan base won't be smaller because the cheerlebs made the team famous. Plus, there will almost always be new cheerlebs to replace the old ones. All of the Smoed boys aged out and the new ones are already gaining thousands of followers on Instagram.

Back