College Alabama Cheerleading Rings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

whether ya'll think UK should have won or UA should have won is beside the point. UA won fair and square, and they deserve those hard earned rings. and that's that. I was there, front and center, watching those teams. and I'm sorry, but alabama had the better performance, and should have won, and deserved their win.
ROLL TIDE.

I don't think anyone is arguing that, dear. The dispute is between the UA administration and the UA cheerleaders.

Nothing. The poll was up yesterday for one day only. I can't even find the results right now, but I'm sure they'll show up soon.

I voted early this morning. I think the total voted was somewhere around 477, and 89% were for them getting their rings, 11% were not.

I voted early this morning. I think the total voted was somewhere around 477, and 89% were for them getting their rings, 11% were not.

Thanks. I don't know if it will help, but maybe it will.

The administration is saying that not awarding rings if the event is not an NCAA sport has been around for a long time. I really can't blame them and I don't think they are going to change their minds. If they make this an exception, what would keep all the club sports from wanting rings if they win a "national" competition.

I know and love a whole bunch of the athletes on UK's squad. And the same is true for UA's squad. It just hurts my heart to think they will have their incredible accomplishment diminished by this.

It's not like the Bama athletic department is strapped for money. If these kids can be used by the school as ambassadors making appearances at public events, etc and cheering at games, the should be rewarded when they win. Even if they have to pay for the rings themselves, they should be allowed to put the logo on it. They won this for the school and competed in a uniform with the schools logo on it. To take that away from them is just ridiculous.

Can they buy their own? I'm not sure how this all works. I know if, by some miracle, my college team won nationals, there's no way the athletic department would buy us rings, they don't even pay for us to go to nationals. How pricey are they to be on their own?

Can they buy their own? I'm not sure how this all works. I know if, by some miracle, my college team won nationals, there's no way the athletic department would buy us rings, they don't even pay for us to go to nationals. How pricey are they to be on their own?

The money isn't the issue. They could buy their own, but right now UA says they can't use the script A logo.

The money isn't the issue. They could buy their own, but right now UA says they can't use the script A logo.

Ah, I probably should have read the article first. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Don't student groups and clubs use the school logo on all sorts of t-shirts and sweatshirts? At least at my school, the school would usually authorize use if it was for use by a school group.

It sounds like they just really don't want the team to have rings - as if it would somehow invalidate any of the NCAA sports.

I feel for them though, being on a cheerleading team at a school that doesn't support or condone the competition aspect of it is a pretty miserable experience. You're constantly feeling like you have to appease the athletic department just so that they'll let you go to nationals - on your own time and money.

Yeah they are VERY stingy with that. My freshman year when I took the task of trying to start club cheer through the club office they wouldn't let us use ANYTHING that bama had trademarked (roll tide, the script a, the specific crimson color, etc.)

Thanks. I don't know if it will help, but maybe it will.

The administration is saying that not awarding rings if the event is not an NCAA sport has been around for a long time. I really can't blame them and I don't think they are going to change their minds. If they make this an exception, what would keep all the club sports from wanting rings if they win a "national" competition.

I know and love a whole bunch of the athletes on UK's squad. And the same is true for UA's squad. It just hurts my heart to think they will have their incredible accomplishment diminished by this.

They don't have to buy it for them, but at least let them use the logo! Come on 'bama... Throw me a bone here...

UK and Morehead State are very well supported by their University across the board with funding and everything ( a wonderful thing to see) Louisville as everyone as stated correctly get's a lot of University backing because these three Universities understand completely the total aspect of University Wide! We have to do better folks, Bama should get rings and The University needs to pay for them. I mean the Football Team's Net Profit is like 24 million dollars a year and the AD doesn’t want to get them rings? that's a sad day, I mean i would hope that Varsity would call the AD and encourage them to change their minds. I'm sure if this makes NATIONAL News they will do something about it trust me. But Cheerleaders work just as hard (if not harder at some schools) than other sports. Our sport doesn't have a season in College Cheerleading we cheer Year round for many different sports and pep rallies and other campus or university support events. MissBee you are correct in that the University can (and most will because they are like this) use Jeff Webb's under oath statements against the Cheerleaders to prove their point. Trust me I know FIU's AD just cut our cheer program and kept the Dance Team (cause they were always half naked) see where this is going? Now we are a club and the university wants everything from us but doesn’t want to return us to the status before. This is just a mess and will continue to be until we stand up TOGETHER and take action.
I am one of the FIU Cheer Coaches and the media impacted worked very well and if ESPN and CNN pick this up The University will look really really bad and its going to be over and if the Alumni get wind of this trust me the University will rethink this ASAP. Trust me I know people who played under bear bryan in the 80's there and now they are married or dating cheerleading coaches of high schools this is not a good look for the University and as an AD u are supposed to Support all aspects of Your Department. When I hear that AD's aren’t a fan of Cheerleaders but love the dance teams (its mostly men AD's) We all must stand up or their will be no scholarships for College Cheerleader or Support. Trust me the AD will come up with any excuse. The FIU excuse was that the insurance was to high to keep the cheerleaders but that excuse on came about when we let it hit the press and we took over national media. We played Alabama that fall when we got cut from the Athletics Department that Summer and the students at Bama collected money for our program at the football game we played against them. So they will forever have my support

Back