OT All College Girls!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
norts and a tshirt usually, but sometimes i have to dress up for my sorority...

however, i have noticed that many freshman dress up a lot more especially during orientation :)

I plan on shorts for as long as I can, then jeans and tshirts/sweaters. Which is mostly what I wore to high school anyways...
I love the scarf as a blanket idea lollypop, I'll have to look for a big nice one to carry around!
I'm definitely getting a nice pair of rain boots too. I have some target ones, but they are cut a little funny. Also, my friend said that on some days she would just wear whatever to her first class, then if she had time she would go to her dorm and do her make up and change, just so she looked decent for the rest of the day. Or if she had somewhere to be afterwards.

Kind of a lame question but do people really bring laptops to class all the time like the do in the movies? Lol.

How else would you facebook, fierce board, and chat with your friends all class?? :D
Hahaha:) Actually, my brother got caught on facebook during one of his classes! These little kids came for a tour and the professor asked if anyone had a question and this little boy raised his hand and said "this boy is on facebook!"

By reading all the dresscode advice, I can't wait to fit in so well in college!
Lol. Even only going into my senior year I always dress up the first day or whenever I get new clothes, but every other day it's soffees/yogo capris, and a tshirt! I usually bring a sweatshirt for in class since it's Florida and the classes are usually freezing to make up for the heat outside! :)

How else would you facebook, fierce board, and chat with your friends all class?? :D
this = my life in lecture last year, who needs to learn art history at an art school, not me clearly...

also in regards to the clothing, leggings, cute shirts, scarfs and comfy tennis shoes is a go, you look neat but not like a slob, still comfy but still look classy you know? i personally was never comfy to wear sweats to class it just felt too weird :s, plus i go to an art school so i would look a little ridic amongst all the hipsters

Freshmen year some kid in front of me played checkers on his laptop all semester long.....lost every single game. Not even joking. It was painful lol. But yeah, a lot of people bring netbooks or play on their iphones during the entire lecture. Once I got into upper level classes, some professors wouldn't let people use their laptops or netbooks during class because it was too distracting.

To tell you the honest truth... no one really cares what you look like. Unlike in high school where you knew most people in your class and they would judge you or comment on it, clothes aren't an issue. Dress how you wanna dress! I was lucky if my hair made it out of a pony tail at all during the week. Don't waste time on stuff that isn't important. Trust me, you'll be busy with lots of other stuff and will forget to care what you're wearing.

....When I was in college I dressed nice every day. Not necessarily dressed up (because I mean its not a fashion show)...but I def. didn't do the athletic shorts and a t shirt all day every day.....maybe once or twice if I didn't have time to change before or after practice. I couldnt imagine walking around campus looking like a struggle. I also wore make up every day to class. Not to impress other people...but for myself... I like to look...nice.

And this wasn't me being superficial and abnormal...because all of my friends (except for 1 or two) were like that as well. Esp. My roommate my senior year.

When my sister starts college in the fall of 2013 I hope shes the same way and doesn't slack off. In fact I'm having all of her t shirts made into a quilt so that she doesn't wear high school cheer stuff around...

Honestly it really depends on the university though. Trust me, wearing a t shirt and shorts isn't being a "slob" or "slacker" at some schools, if the campus is huge. Girls still have perfect hair, expensive shoes, perfect makeup (it just looks natural), their john hart or brightly colored northface backpacks, little hair accessories, etc. along with their fancy sorority tees and brand new brightly colored shorts.......they just don't look crazy for wearing high heels and jeans with a nice top trying to hike all the way across 5 miles of campus in the 90 degree weather. Anyone who even tried that at my university would have been given the "stupid freshmen" look,as their feet probably wouldn't have even made it through the day and their nice shirts would get all nasty and sweaty from the heat. Girls can still look nice without dressing up necessarily like they did in high school, and keep the business casual in the closet for presentations. Other, smaller schools (like the private college my good friend went to) tend to have girls go all out with their appearance everyday though,nice heels and all, so "shorts and a tshirt" wouldn't be as acceptable. Again, I emphasize that it really,really depends on the school!

i always dressed up cute on the first day of class, just in case there were any cute guys....when i realized that there weren't, i wore yoga pants and a hoody everyday!
Yeah, I used to think that... But what's the point if a guy can't notice me in an outfit I wear probably 75% of the time I'm in public?

Or I've just reached a whole new level of laziness.

Back