All-Star All star cheer 24'-25'

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 12, 2023
Hi all,

I'm seeking ideas as to how to make this upcoming all-star season happen for my daughter. Please be kind. I do work, and I'm a single parent with no help, who recently had to move away from my good paying jobs, to take care of sick family members in a different state. I no longer make good money here, and I've been searching for a better job for 8 months without luck. I've searched for side gigs but have found nothing there either. My work schedule is ever changing(abd sometimes we don't get our schedule until the day before the next one starts...)though I almost always get off work at 630 pm, which I've found is not conducive to getting a second job. I have looked into even door dashing on the side, but because they now require you to schedule your dashing ahead of time, I can no longer do it when I randomly get the time (ie. When my kid has practice etc) I am at a loss I've done so much reading and talking with other parents about sponsorship and donation ideas, but in the end come up with nothing. This is my daughter's dream. So this is heartbreaking.. It's what she plans to do with her life-go to college for cheer (collegiate all star) and eventually have her own gym. She's been working hard at this for 8 years and I'm feeling so defeated about being able to keep her working towards her dream. If anyone has any ideas let me know. What's the best process when requesting donations or sponsorships from local businesses for an individual (remember we are new to this state, so we don't know anyone really). Who do we talk to, do I have her with me if we should go in person? Will bigger companies likely not help as they don't get a tax write off? How I can I raise the chances of us getting financial support? Anything that will help is so greatly appreciated. When I am able to I will be fully funding a single parent's kiddo on this same journey, as I know the blood, sweat and tears I've put in to make the last 8 years happen. For now...I need that help. Thank you for your kindness and for all the help in advance

I'd ask the gym if a scholarship or partial scholarship is possible. My daughters usually didn't start the season due to finances, but they knew (if a full scholarhip was offered) if someone got hurt or they neded to fill a position she was available. Then I only needed to worry about travel expenses.

I can't help with donation or sponsorship ideas, and I don't know how old your daughter is, but based on her doing AS for 8 years I'm going to assume she's probably at least 12-13 years old. Maybe? Around there? Anyhow, there's a 14 year old girl in our subdivision who has a dog/cat sitting job who charges $25 per day for cats, $40 per day for dogs, and $15 per 30 minute walk. She put it out on our neighborhood blog and immediately began getting business. According to her mom, she makes no less than $200 per week and has made as much as $850 per week during the summer and school vacations. Her mom and younger sister help her out when needed. Perhaps your daughter could do something like this if her schedule permits, to help you out.

I'd ask the gym if a scholarship or partial scholarship is possible. My daughters usually didn't start the season due to finances, but they knew (if a full scholarhip was offered) if someone got hurt or they neded to fill a position she was available. Then I only needed to worry about travel expenses.
Thank you :) I did ask. They do not do schloarships or any type of fundraising either. It has to be done individually :/ thank you for the idea though

I can't help with donation or sponsorship ideas, and I don't know how old your daughter is, but based on her doing AS for 8 years I'm going to assume she's probably at least 12-13 years old. Maybe? Around there? Anyhow, there's a 14 year old girl in our subdivision who has a dog/cat sitting job who charges $25 per day for cats, $40 per day for dogs, and $15 per 30 minute walk. She put it out on our neighborhood blog and immediately began getting business. According to her mom, she makes no less than $200 per week and has made as much as $850 per week during the summer and school vacations. Her mom and younger sister help her out when needed. Perhaps your daughter could do something like this if her schedule permits, to help you out.
I love the idea for sure! However, she's got practice until 8 or 9pm m-th and sun. We are new to the area and don't know anyone. So I would be worried with her going to ppl's houses that I don't know, while I'm at work on her free afternoons( fri-sat) If I could be sure that she would be safe then might be something we could post on fb about, but how do I make it specific to our neighborhood? Or is it okay to put flyers in mailboxes?? She'd have to stay in the area our house is in, as I'm at work. It's worth a shot if I can have these many stipulations met :/

I love the idea for sure! However, she's got practice until 8 or 9pm m-th and sun. We are new to the area and don't know anyone. So I would be worried with her going to ppl's houses that I don't know, while I'm at work on her free afternoons( fri-sat) If I could be sure that she would be safe then might be something we could post on fb about, but how do I make it specific to our neighborhood? Or is it okay to put flyers in mailboxes?? She'd have to stay in the area our house is in, as I'm at work. It's worth a shot if I can have these many stipulations met :/
Flyers are a great idea, however, don't put them inside the mailbox, that's illegal. She can either knock on the door and hand them out, or she can rubberband them and attach them to the outside of the mailbox. I would specifically put your phone number, or a designated email, on the flyer to make sure they are going through you first. Use the National Sex Offender Public Website and enter your address to make sure there are no sex offenders in your area. If possible, I would go with your daughter when meeting a new neighbor for the first time and getting instructions. If she has a new friend that would be willing to go into business with her, she would share the income, but it would also provide a second person to help her out when she can't be there. Or, since dogs require more visits than cats, perhaps being a cat/house/plant sitter would be a better option.

I hope this, or something similar, can help you out if the donation/sponsorship doesn't pan out.

Flyers are a great idea, however, don't put them inside the mailbox, that's illegal. She can either knock on the door and hand them out, or she can rubberband them and attach them to the outside of the mailbox. I would specifically put your phone number, or a designated email, on the flyer to make sure they are going through you first. Use the National Sex Offender Public Website and enter your address to make sure there are no sex offenders in your area. If possible, I would go with your daughter when meeting a new neighbor for the first time and getting instructions. If she has a new friend that would be willing to go into business with her, she would share the income, but it would also provide a second person to help her out when she can't be there. Or, since dogs require more visits than cats, perhaps being a cat/house/plant sitter would be a better option.

I hope this, or something similar, can help you out if the donation/sponsorship doesn't pan out.
Thank you so much I appreciate the ideas very much! We're going to try everything we can to make this happen. Thank you everyone for your kindness and help. Keep the ideas coming if you have a moment ♡

Hi all,

I'm seeking ideas as to how to make this upcoming all-star season happen for my daughter. Please be kind. I do work, and I'm a single parent with no help, who recently had to move away from my good paying jobs, to take care of sick family members in a different state. I no longer make good money here, and I've been searching for a better job for 8 months without luck. I've searched for side gigs but have found nothing there either. My work schedule is ever changing(abd sometimes we don't get our schedule until the day before the next one starts...)though I almost always get off work at 630 pm, which I've found is not conducive to getting a second job. I have looked into even door dashing on the side, but because they now require you to schedule your dashing ahead of time, I can no longer do it when I randomly get the time (ie. When my kid has practice etc) I am at a loss I've done so much reading and talking with other parents about sponsorship and donation ideas, but in the end come up with nothing. This is my daughter's dream. So this is heartbreaking.. It's what she plans to do with her life-go to college for cheer (collegiate all star) and eventually have her own gym. She's been working hard at this for 8 years and I'm feeling so defeated about being able to keep her working towards her dream. If anyone has any ideas let me know. What's the best process when requesting donations or sponsorships from local businesses for an individual (remember we are new to this state, so we don't know anyone really). Who do we talk to, do I have her with me if we should go in person? Will bigger companies likely not help as they don't get a tax write off? How I can I raise the chances of us getting financial support? Anything that will help is so greatly appreciated. When I am able to I will be fully funding a single parent's kiddo on this same journey, as I know the blood, sweat and tears I've put in to make the last 8 years happen. For now...I need that help. Thank you for your kindness and for all the help in advance
Does your gym have scholarships? Does your gym fundraiser? Maybe help them find fundraisers and organize it. Can u do paperwork, phone calls for the gym in exchange for tuition?

Does your gym have scholarships? Does your gym fundraiser? Maybe help them find fundraisers and organize it. Can u do paperwork, phone calls for the gym in exchange for tuition?
Unfortunately, I was told explicitly that they do not participate in any of that. It is 100% up to the athlete and parent. It is a latger gym so I suspect theyvwouldnt let e work a portion of it off, I certainly will ask, but my estimated guess is they have a company come do those things. Plus its going to be a 2.5 hour drive to her practices :/ so I can't just run down the st to work the front deak for them while my daughter has practice or something 😅

Back