Allstar Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 26, 2010
Hey y'all sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I just have a couple questions about allstar cheerleading. I recently turned 18 on may 5th and want to do cheerleading. I was wondering am instill able to? I'm not very good tumbling wise I use to have a backhandspring with a light spot and can occasionally do it by myself on my trampoline. (I did cheer for a few months). Can I still do cheerleading or am I too old? And what about since I dot have any tumbling skills (my cartwheel & roundoff are pathetic and I'm not afraid to admit it). I'm just curious as to how everything works out. Thanks!

your still eligible to be on a senior team, and it shouldnt matter what tumbling you have, most gyms have teams for every ability level! :)

The rules state you cannot turn 19 before August 31, so you sound like you're good! Happy cheering!

Technically you are old enough to be on a Senior level team. Maybe a Senior 3 or 4.2 would be good for you! Try researching to find out if gyms close to you have teams. Also if you wanted to in the next year you could move to International Open 5 or 6 team if your tumbling improved a little. Both divisions allow people over the age of 18. Good luck finding a team!

Many gyms have Open Level 5 or 6 teams.... those are teams for cheerleaders over the age of 18 that are no longer eligible for other divisions like youth, junior, senior, etc. I'm 24 and last year I cheered on an Open 5 team and an Open 6 team, and we had some girls who did not have much tumbling, so they stunted while everyone else tumbled. Many times open teams are not advertised as well online as the other teams, so you may have to call local cheer gyms in your area to see if they offer any them. Hope this helps!

Back