Allstar Or Highschool?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 19, 2012
At the beginning of this cheer season i was on a level 5 team at my gym. I decided to take the season off to try out volleyball and see which one i loved better. Of course, i loved cheer way more and want to do it again next year. What I am torn between is if i should do go back to the Allstar gym or tryout for my high shool. Anyone have good ideas? please help:)

I know many cheerleaders want the 'high school experience', but I found it to be not much fun. Of course, I've been an all star cheerleader for my whole life, and never had to cheer at games....but it just wasn't as great as I expected it to be. I cheered freshmen year, and it was an awful year trying to bounce all star and school cheer. ESPECIALLY during basketball season. I would go back to allstar for sure! :)

All-Star!! im not a big fan of all the cheers and chanting that you have to do for high school....plus some schools have pretty bad teams...

you can compete with your high school team (if your school offers it). a lot of high school cheer programs are great.

All Star! Hands down! Luckily, I was able to to cheer high school and all stars all four years, but if I had to chose I would go with all star. I'm not sure how good your high school team is, but most do not have the skills of level 5 teams. All stars for me is a much better experience as far as focusing on more difficult skills, meeting new people, competing more often, and traveling. All stars can also give you the same, if not more, oppertunties as high school as far as college and scholarships go if you are interested. More scouts will attend the all star competitions as opposed to high school competitions and games.

It looks like you cheer in Illinois? I cheered at palatine high school for 2 years then switched to allstars and cheered at ICE when it was ICC. Allstars will get you more prepared for college and it is a lot more fun since you have more competitions! I would stick with allstars!

At the beginning of this cheer season i was on a level 5 team at my gym. I decided to take the season off to try out volleyball and see which one i loved better. Of course, i loved cheer way more and want to do it again next year. What I am torn between is if i should do go back to the Allstar gym or tryout for my high shool. Anyone have good ideas? please help:)
How good is your high school?

Depends on how good your high school team is.... If they are not at a competitive level i would say go with allstar

i loved high school cheerleading becuase of that bond you have being in school together everyday! we would get so excited for big rival games, and do cheer spirit weeks, and county competitions are huge becuase everyone pretty much knows eachother, so its really competitive,and so many people from come to support its crazy! atleast where i live (maryland). you can go on to regionals, and states if you qualify and its just an awesome journey. it all depends on your preference though! all star cheer is amazing, and seeing you would be on a level 5 team would be a huge opportunity. i wish i would of stuck with it longer but i have to say my high school cheerleading experience was amazing.

Back