Allstar Or Highschool?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ALLSTAR TO THE END<3 But some highschool teams are good:) There's nothing wrong with them but where I'm at not many are good...

I would definitely say All Star, I do both and highschool drives me nuts. Especially Thursdays, I have a basketball game every Thursday and I have practice every Thursday, so I never go to the games, and I'm pretty sure my HS coach hates me..

I'm curious as to how they get away with not allowing you to do both. They have said that before in the district we live in, but the all star parents threw a fit and said it was discriminating against all star cheerleaders. They always end up not sticking to this because they really don't have the right to dictate what activities you are in on your own time outside of school hours. It would be like saying you can't be in the girl scouts or do volunteer work and cheer. It would be a fight for your parents to take on though. I hate that schools do this and make you girls choose.

my high school team SUCKs thos girls are cheerleaders just to be popular hahahha allstars are way better

Even if your HS team is good just not the same experience as Allstar. Go Allstar. When did you see a cheer forum for HS that had anwhere near the amount of traffic??

cheerdynasty In Illinois cheerleading is considered a state sport so the state mandates that as a high school cheerleader you cannot be on an Allstar team at the same time as a competitive high school team. It's the same rules for any other sport in the state, like volleyball players can't play on a club team during volleyball season. There are however some girls that join Allstars as soon as their competitive season ends which is usually the first or second week of February. The Allstar gyms around here actually hold extra tryouts to get more girls for the rest of their season. Some of them even add them in for Worlds.

So to answer the question high school or allstar maybe you could cheer hs until the season ends and then join an allstar team again. High school cheerleading in IL is SUPER competitive and it's a really great experience. You could always try it for one year and then go back to allstar if you don't like it. That's just my opinion. :)

My freshmen year, I did both all star and high school, and I found high school to be very more rewarding, espically if you are on a good team. Definatly try it!

Back