All-Star Allstar Resort/block Party

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The event being discussed wasn't a sanctioned party. It wasn't put on by anyone. Just a bunch of kids hanging out. All the kids there drank on their own and wandered out to the pool/football field area and hung out there. Some continued to drink out there. A bit of a "make your own party" type situation.

I personally think it should have been shut down before it reached that point. I headed out there around midnight and security guards were standing around the pool just watching. Hindsight is 20/20, and they probably had no idea how crazy it would get, but I would have though a HUGE conglomeration of overly drunk teens would have been dispersed as soon as they started getting too loud. It is a RESORT after all.

I would think that if there is a HUGE conglomeration of overly drunk TEENS, then the wanna be police shouldn't have been watching they should have gotten the REAL police to come in and start making arrests. After all, the drinking age is 21 isn't it? Maybe they could have tweeted their mug shots while they waited to get bailed out! The fact that there is security who is looking the other way is quite disturbing.

chyeeaaa69 see King's post ^^^

It's not about stopping it. It's about making it so easy! Just giving unlimited to large public areas with little to no adults or security??? Well, an idiot could have predicted this.

And I know you think posting it on FierceBoard isn't helping, but I promise you more than one parent (me included) has seen this. And parents actually DO read things and re-think their plans. I've already informed my cp (who will be 18 when we go next year) that she most certainly gosh-darned-well will NOT be running around Disney World drunk (and I'm paying and I'm still her mom regardless of how old she is, so yes, she does have to do what I say). Do I think we can stop teenagers from drinking by posting on here? Obviously not. Do I think a few more moms and coaches might be aware of what's really going on from reading this? Yep. I mean in this thread alone I've already seen people saying "I believe you, I just had no idea stuff like this was going on" and "I didn't know where she was..." Hopefully some of THOSE people will read this and say "Oh...maybe the Mouse isn't such a good babysitter after 10PM. Maybe I should keep her a little closer to me"

I do see where you're coming from with that, and I completely agree, I just have a huge issue mainly with the people who come on here every time something comes up with underage drinking saying it's the coaches' faults, or the parents' faults. If a few more parents are educated about the stuff that goes on in this cheerleading world (although I'm sure most of you would not wanna hear the 1/2 of it) then maybe one more kid can be saved from being pulled into something they aren't prepared to handle, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just get really sick of pointing fingers at anyone other than the 14+ year olds who are capable of determining right from wrong.

I also just wanted to say one more thing. I once again thought of this in the shower. I understand the parents and older people coming on here and saying this should stop, they're ruining their life, etc. etc. etc., but you've all been in the same position as us. You've all had your underage drinking days, your wild partying days, your experimentation days, and you learned from them. Teenagers don't learn by parents telling them. Rarely ever does a person learn a life lesson because someone else told them about something. They learn it by going through it, and even as a teenager I know that one of the best (yet hardest) things to do as a parent is allow your kids to make mistakes.

I love you right now for bringing the COACHES PARTY up!! Its the final day of worlds, if I was there you better know my team and I with parents would have taken the team out to dinner as it is a day of celebration as its the last comp of the year! Not getting dressed up like Halloween so I can go get drunk with all the other coaches around the World..... and YES THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT GOES ON AT THE COACHES PARTY!

The USASF could scratch the party and instead hold a TUMBLE OFF kinda like what CheerSport does, but BETTER! Cause its not before the comp so the thought of one of your athletes getting hurt before the comp trying to throw something crazy is still on your mind as a coach but its not going to destroy your chances for the weekend (if that makes sense).

I was a crazy and VERY immature party kid in high school, baseball player, very popular, etc... just like most of these talented "cheer celebrities" so I do blame them... but honestly I hold the USASF responsible! You portray our industry leaders as big party animals, coaches conference in Vegas, Party in Daytona after finals, Coaches party at Worlds, ETC!!! And you expect our cheerleaders to be responsible! Its starts with you (USASF) but I doubt much will change.....

I don't understand the point of having a Coaches Party, isn't there the VIP Gala on Thursday or Friday for them to interact and have fun? I mean they couldn't even have the worlds lottery without having drinks. I understand that adults are of age to drink, but that doesn't mean you have to. It goes the same with adults as it does for the athletes, if you can't go a weekend with a drink then you need to sign up for a round of AA.

I can tell you right now if I were at worlds I would be enjoying the fact that I am at Disney not getting to wasted that I don't remember the night before or can't explain how I pulled myself out of bed to make my flight at 6am.

If these coaches were out getting drunk while the cops were called on their athletes that is an issue.

I do see where you're coming from with that, and I completely agree, I just have a huge issue mainly with the people who come on here every time something comes up with underage drinking saying it's the coaches' faults, or the parents' faults. If a few more parents are educated about the stuff that goes on in this cheerleading world (although I'm sure most of you would not wanna hear the 1/2 of it) then maybe one more kid can be saved from being pulled into something they aren't prepared to handle, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just get really sick of pointing fingers at anyone other than the 14+ year olds who are capable of determining right from wrong.

I also just wanted to say one more thing. I once again thought of this in the shower. I understand the parents and older people coming on here and saying this should stop, they're ruining their life, etc. etc. etc., but you've all been in the same position as us. You've all had your underage drinking days, your wild partying days, your experimentation days, and you learned from them. Teenagers don't learn by parents telling them. Rarely ever does a person learn a life lesson because someone else told them about something. They learn it by going through it, and even as a teenager I know that one of the best (yet hardest) things to do as a parent is allow your kids to make mistakes.

Unfortunately I know more than the half of it. That's why this was no surprise to me.

For the bolded part: Allowing kids to make mistakes is one thing. Watching it and turning a blind eye to it is another. And "kids" can mean a lot of different things. I allow my 17-year-old (soon to be 18:() to make a lot more mistakes now than I did 2 years ago. Not all of these kids we're talking about are 18+ though. Yes, I agree that 17,18,19 is an age where you'll learn more from making some mistakes than someone telling you not to do things. But 15-16? No, you're still going to do what the heck I say.

And as a mom I have to say, glad you're taking so many showers - good hygiene matters. ;)

Back in the day, when I was an underage teen and we "partied" and got someone to get us alcohol, we did our underage drinking in private, we didn't make a public spectacle of ourselves, nor did we think that we "were owed" as so many teens in this day and age do. Most likely, you won't even realize what life lessons you learned from your parents without having to do it yourself until you are in fact a parent yourself. And I can't remember a single time during my teen years where we felt the need to publicly make fools of ourselves doing something illegal during a sanctioned sporting event. We would have been thrown off the team without a second thought and some coaches probably would have kicked our a$$es.

When I was in high school and would drink, not proud of it at all, I was scared I would get caught so I was as sneaky about it as I could me. I knew what would happen if someone underage got caught, I watched a girl get handcuffed and put in the back of a cop car, so I knew better then to parade it around. Lets just say she didn't pick up a beer again until she turned 21. Jail isn't fun and it isn't a good mark on your record.
Even when I got to college and would go to parties, I refused to walk back to my dorm because I was terrifed to get picked up for public intox. I always had a DD that would come pick me up (pro to being in a sorority). There is nothing wrong with having fun, and I know that people underage drink, but you don't act the way these kids were acting. Most of these athletes have public twitters, do they realize that if they are heading off to college and want to join a sorority or fraternity what they have posted about this weekend can cost them a bid, or a job offer, scholarship. Have fun but don't be trashy. Everything about what they did was trashy.

I follow lots of cheerlebrities and cheerleaders that were at worlds on Twitter (ATLEAST 20) from many different temas and gyms, and I can honestly say that I disn't see one "drunk tweet" from any of them.......

Security guards and USASF aren't there to babysit 17 and 18 years olds. If they want to drink, thats their decision and they are going to do it wether you like it or not. Thats they're choice and they know that they will most likely eventually pay consequences for their actions. If they don't get in trouble with the law, their parents, their coach, or USASF, they WILL get a bad hangover and probably have lots of regrets in the morning. People learn their lessons in different ways and at different times.

I stayed at All star and went to Block Party and it was not out of control, I understand some people are stupid but from what I saw it was just some kids having fun

And to think so many people assume all sorority/fraternity people do is get sloppy drunk and not care. We actually know that there is a time and a place to get a little crazy, Disney is not one of them.

That's why we had a house ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also to add on, i was at the block party! sure, we ran into a few drunks and more but it wasnt bad! it was actually pretty empty, for what i expected...i am a teenager and understand both sides. like teenagers wanna have fun and party and then the adult side too. i just wanted to know what some of the girls going to the block party were thinking...you should of seen the things some girls were wearing! like a sparkly strapless bra with ripped jean shorts and bikini tops with spandex....not just spandex but your gyms spandex..way to represnt! its not even like your at a place with waterrides or if it was extremely hot outside...it wasnt. it was night time and no water rides or anything. when your a teenager and see other girls your age dressed like that and you as a teenager even think thats bad...well thats a problem! i guess i dont really understand all of that...i went with a group of girls from my gym from ages 18 and younger and our parents/coaches and not one of us was dressed in any way trashy! it honestly just makes you look trashy and not cute....

also to the groups of 30-50 girls going into magic kingdom with spandex and sports bras! i mean come on! its one thing to take your shirt off because its hot, but you plan to dress like that there and not bring shirts. im sorry, i dont feel bad for you that got kicked out. its okay to walk around like that at wwcos because during that time, its all cheer! no one else! and all of us in the cheer world are used to it. unlike families at disney with their little kids, who dont see highschool girls in sports bras and spandex everyday...we have to remember that were in public. not the cheer world. i know for sure i forget sometimes, but after this weeekend i realized that the whole full cheerleader look out in public isnt the cutest....

I follow lots of cheerlebrities and cheerleaders that were at worlds on Twitter (ATLEAST 20) from many different temas and gyms, and I can honestly say that I disn't see one "drunk tweet" from any of them.......

Security guards and USASF aren't there to babysit 17 and 18 years olds. If they want to drink, thats their decision and they are going to do it wether you like it or not. Thats they're choice and they know that they will most likely eventually pay consequences for their actions. If they don't get in trouble with the law, their parents, their coach, or USASF, they WILL get a bad hangover and probably have lots of regrets in the morning. People learn their lessons in different ways and at different times.
not to prove your wrong or whatever, but im sure we must follow differnt people, but i seen a ton! like "the party last night...too bad i cant remember" and i even saw one like "RT if your drunk at the allstar" and "standing full line, while drunk" and much much more! its just so unclassyy....espically at a cheer compeition representing your gym. if you wanna do that, its your choice just not at disney, at your cheer compeition, representing your gym....

I honestly think not having a DJ at the block party made it worse. We athletes had been looking forward to a dance party all weekend, only to show up and find out there wasn't one. THAT'S what made people lose control. A chant of "ALL STAR SPORTS!" was being yelled and a new party at the resort was already being planned. I heard several people say "they took our tumbling, they took our uniforms, but they are NOT taking our party!" people were leaving
the block party and telling others who were on their way in to turn around, because Allstar sports was where it's at.
while did not drink, nor did anyone in my room, but I can say that angry cheerleaders who feel like they have been slighted from their party were drinking in spite of that. Security needs to step up. I saw several cheerleaders holding beer cans. People were even stumbling right beside of officers. Lots of the people involved had the "I'm a senior, kick me out- I don't care! I technically dont even cheer here anymore... Seasons over!" attitude

I honestly think not having a DJ at the block party made it worse. We athletes had been looking forward to a dance party all weekend, only to show up and find out there wasn't one. THAT'S what made people lose control. A chant of "ALL STAR SPORTS!" was being yelled and a new party at the resort was already being planned. I heard several people say "they took our tumbling, they took our uniforms, but they are NOT taking our party!" people were leaving
the block party and telling others who were on their way in to turn around, because Allstar sports was where it's at.
while did not drink, nor did anyone in my room, but I can say that angry cheerleaders who feel like they have been slighted from their party were drinking in spite of that. Security needs to step up. I saw several cheerleaders holding beer cans. People were even stumbling right beside of officers. Lots of the people involved had the "I'm a senior, kick me out- I don't care! I technically dont even cheer here anymore... Seasons over!" attitude
i was at the block party and heard that too! i agree with you, because taking away stuff with just cause kids to rebel against more! they should do the dance party but just have strict security then or only have a certin amount of people allowed. by the way..the security to actually get in to the block party was crazy. NO ONE could sneak ANYTHING in...

Back