Allstar Tryouts Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Mom x3

Cheer Parent
Jan 14, 2011
Allstar tryouts are coming up very soon and cp is trying out at a new gym and they are having try outs on different days for whatever level that you want to try out for. she was level two this year, and is 100% strong level 2 was in the center for her stunt group (flies) and her jumps and front row for dance. has mastered several level 3 tumbling skills but hasn't worked too much on level 3 stunts, but has all the standing tumbling for level 3 and she wants badly to get the rest of her level 3 skills. So my question.... do I take her to the level 2 or level 3 tryout? Or does it really matter? I guess I should call and ask :) Or maybe I need to schedule an individual evaluation. Agh I am overthinking and need advice haha!

Let her tryout level 3!
Worst thing that would happen is they tell her to work on her level 3 skills and she would be on 2:) but she's sounds like she has a good chance with her tumbling Dancing and jumps! She could probably quickly get her level 3 stunting skills

i agree level 3. even at a new gym, they'll recognize her talent when they see her at tryouts.

I would definitely take her to the Level 3 tryouts. The worst that can happen is they will tell you she's not ready for Level 3.

On a side note, why do you refer to her as cp? Is that initials for her name?

I would definitely take her to the Level 3 tryouts. The worst that can happen is they will tell you she's not ready for Level 3.

On a side note, why do you refer to her as cp? Is that initials for her name?

cp = cheer person or cheer princess...lol

Thanks for the input guys! Ithought so too but wasn't sure if since she is not 100% solid level 3 if that made a difference right now at try outs. I appreciate the help! And CP=Cheer Princess, which I didn't know until I read the wiki lol!!!:)

Thanks for the explanation. I guess that's why I still have to post to the newbie thread. lol

She should definitely try out for level 3, sounds like she would make it and the worse thing that will happen is they will put her on 2, and she can perfect her skills for next years tryouts!

I say let her try out for a level 5 team! These days they can always use a good flyer who can listen and has potential to learn. She has all summer to pick up L4 and L5 stunts and tumbling. Let them tell you she's a L3 athlete Think Big!!

Sometimes the levels will be prefaced with "you must have X skills to try out for this level". If the tryout paperwork doesn't specify what skills they need to tryout for specific levels, let her go for it!!

Back