High School Am I The Only That's Happy About The Improvement In School Cheer???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes you can travel outside the state, but you are limited to 5 competitions total outside of the IHSA state series. If, which a majority do, your team also competes ICCA then that is at least 2 competitions right there. Then you have many local schools that hold competitions prior to the ICCA or IHSA series that many teams attend in order to get a judges perspective on their routine before it really counts. You can go and compete at the St. Louis NCA competition, but there's hardly any teams that go for HS, we were going to but I was told that there wouldn't be but 1 or 2 teams there (not worth the money for travel and fees for only a couple teams). Our school won't allow us to travel to Dallas. They were going to allow us to travel to Kentucky when NCA had a competition there, but it doesn't appear that they have that competition anymore either.

6 Competitions this year!

Just hearing that all HS in our county of New York will have to have a second cheer tryout in November for the winter sport season since cheer will be a sport as of November. I emailed our AD who confirmed this, but he did not respond when I asked if it was a true tryout where they will add new kids (cp mentioned she was thinking of trying out if it was open to all; she regrets not trying out for school) or if they are guaranteeing all current cheerleaders their placements on JV and Varsity and it is a formality because they now have to do this. I also asked him how this would affect choreo, since I know that Varsity has already started it and many schools have completed it months ago. No answer yet but I am curious to see what he does say. If it is not a real tryout then cp would just wait until next year.

Does anyone else in NY know anything about a second tryout being required? I am thinking it must be throughout NYS and not just in our area.

Back