All-Star American Grand Las Vegas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wh
why would they decline it?????
Last year at this same competition Stars didn't do too well and got an at large. They also declined. And I know Cali doesn't take a team to worlds unless they have a paid (which is why black ops didn't go last year) though they still accept the at large. I think it has to do with your coach being confident that you WILL go to worlds and it WILL be with a full paid. All or nothing

Glad to hear about Aces back in the mat successfully after their crash. Anyone know how the girls injured that day are doing?

She was on SE last year, but decided to take the season off to do 11th grade and prepare for college testing and hopefully scholarships. Right now she's carrying six AP classes with 2 B's and 4 A's. Proud of her for that decision, with her course load, it turned out to be the best decision, but we really, really miss "the family." Especially, now that competition season has really begun.
Heck, I'm giving her the updates because she's studying right now!

Since Im in high school myself I know the class load, but that's a good thing she did. Hope she keeps cheering too

Well no one said that so I'm sorry. But in general, it was SSX's day, and the other should've just accepted it. And just an FYI, I'm on the east coast and am reading twitter, and like I said no one said who requested the recount.
I dont understand why the whole day belonged to SSX? So if you were a coach and had a legit question of your score you wouldnt question it, you would accept it not to ruin someone else's day?

I'm pretty sure that ssx will at least get another at large later on on the season so I'm sure they're not worried :p but does cea take teams if they have an at large? I know Cali and world cup don't

Personally, in no regards to any team.. I'd be interested in seeing this competition if every team wore white and went by a number to see If the results were the same.
I think I know where that comment is coming from and I can understand why some would feel this way, yet not having a dog in this fight allows me to look at the videos and see that even if routines have great skills and choreo sometimes you do see a difference in cleanliness and execution from those teams you want wearing white t shirts and no logo.

I think I know where that comment is coming from and I can understand why some would feel this way, yet not having a dog in this fight allows me to look at the videos and see that even if routines have great skills and choreo sometimes you do see a difference in cleanliness and execution from those teams you want wearing white t shirts and no logo.
I'm just saying, some of the decisions made from day 1 to day 2 left multiple gyms in shock. Especially one worlds division. That's all I will say.

Even though I have a dog in this fight I am able to remove myself from the situation and know what should be where and effectively see what goes on!

id like to hear opinions, doe everyone think judging was pretty fair?
Honestly, no. And I'm not just saying that cause my team got last :) there were a few divisions, including small senior, that really didn't make any sense to me. I know there's more to the scores than stunting, but when teams drop one or more stunts and still beat teams that didn't drop anything, that just doesn't seem right.

Yes but what are the values of those stunts? And the tumbling, is it correct or are the fulls all balled up and piked? How complex are the transitions and the pyramid and the jump sequence? How clean is it? One thing I have learned over many years is nothing beats straight legs pointed toes clean and well timed transitions. I learned to look at how a team is hitting the score sheet as a WHOLE. My cp's team did not place first in her division. But guess what? The team that did was a joy to watch and had complexity that we did not. I too once complained about the judging and then I learned that before you step on the floor it is a numbers game. If you don't have those numbers BEFORE you hit the mat you can be squeaky clean and not win.

I wonder how many extra teams who aren't considered 'that good' when it comes to worlds make it to worlds through the declining of at large bids... :rolleyes:

Back