All-Star American Superstarz Myrtle Beach March 31 & April 1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My gym has had two bad experiences at a American Championship brand event and were never coming back there again! We were planning on going too the All-Levels event in Atlanta but not anymore since its ran by American. Any ways my gyms rankings are...
Tiny 1 - 1st
Mini 1 - 2nd
Youth 1 - 2nd?!
Youth 2 - 2nd (Cheer Corps was amazing in this division!!)
Senior 1 - 2nd?!
Small Sr Coed 4 - 1st
Im am INCREDIBLY confused as who in the world (no offense to the team that won!!!!) could have beaten your senior 1! my mom and I were sitting in front of a section of your parents and after that team went on we had to tell them that was the best level one team we'd ever seen! but really...I think judging was all messed up this weekend. My senior 2 team hit flawlessley both days, and we ended up in 2nd. it was out of 7, so it's not bad, but we were PERFECT. and we maxed out everything, as well as executed it PERFECTLY. We do stretch to stretch tick tocks, and they don't move and inch. The team in first did lib to stretch and dropped two stunts on day 2---75% DAY. I don't understand the judging...but seriously how did your sr1 not win!?!?!

Im am INCREDIBLY confused as who in the world (no offense to the team that won!!!!) could have beaten your senior 1! my mom and I were sitting in front of a section of your parents and after that team went on we had to tell them that was the best level one team we'd ever seen! but really...I think judging was all messed up this weekend. My senior 2 team hit flawlessley both days, and we ended up in 2nd. it was out of 7, so it's not bad, but we were PERFECT. and we maxed out everything, as well as executed it PERFECTLY. We do stretch to stretch tick tocks, and they don't move and inch. The team in first did lib to stretch and dropped two stunts on day 2---75% DAY. I don't understand the judging...but seriously how did your sr1 not win!?!?!
We went the American Championship competition in New Orleans and we had the same issues as we had this weekend. This competition is pretty pitiful. Our teams hit the scoresheet but wasn't rewarded this weekend. For example day 1, somehow our youth 1 squad was in second. So I questioned the judges decision and they told me to have the pyramid connect and cradle at the same time and that will give us a point. We also added front walkover entry too our stunts as well to hit the score sheet even harder and my teams weren't rewarded for either. I can go on and on about this competition. Its sad that my Small Coed 4 team won their division but I still fill cheated and unsatisfied.

We went the American Championship competition in New Orleans and we had the same issues as we had this weekend. This competition is pretty pitiful. Our teams hit the scoresheet but wasn't rewarded this weekend. For example day 1, somehow our youth 1 squad was in second. So I questioned the judges decision and they told me to have the pyramid connect and cradle at the same time and that will give us a point. We also added front walkover entry too our stunts as well to hit the score sheet even harder and my teams weren't rewarded for either. I can go on and on about this competition. Its sad that my Small Coed 4 team won their division but I still fill cheated and unsatisfied.
yeah. I agree, we all feel cheated about Senior 2. The first place team was awesome, hands down, but they weren't perfect, and didn't max out. We were perfect AND maxed out. they judges tried to say it was our DANCE that got us. smh. :banghead:

yeah. I agree, we all feel cheated about Senior 2. The first place team was awesome, hands down, but they weren't perfect, and didn't max out. We were perfect AND maxed out. they judges tried to say it was our DANCE that got us. smh. :banghead:
My gym is NEVER going back to an American Championship brand competition EVER again. Our first plan was too go too All-Levels in Atlanta but since that's a American Championship competition we won't be going even though the competition is in our backyard. I feel bad for our girls because they won't too defend their All-Level titles but we will just have to settle for US Finals instead.

My gym is NEVER going back to an American Championship brand competition EVER again. Our first plan was too go too All-Levels in Atlanta but since that's a American Championship competition we won't be going even though the competition is in our backyard. I feel bad for our girls because they won't too defend their All-Level titles but we will just have to settle for US Finals instead.
well, it's not an american championship competition, but they all feed into All levels, so it'll probably share some judges. My gym's not even going to either this year because we were dissapointed with the number of teams last year. 1st out of 2 in a comp you supposively had to get a bid to...not such an amazing title. BUT, our Youth 2 was amazing and won there, and online 2 years in a row...but we just don't feel the need to go back. I wish they'd take us to US finals!!!

well, it's not an american championship competition, but they all feed into All levels, so it'll probably share some judges. My gym's not even going to either this year because we were dissapointed with the number of teams last year. 1st out of 2 in a comp you supposively had to get a bid to...not such an amazing title. BUT, our Youth 2 was amazing and won there, and online 2 years in a row...but we just don't feel the need to go back. I wish they'd take us to US finals!!!
Its going to be run by the American staff and they will pick from their judging pull. Basically another American competition. After winning the division then we should be good in the virtual challenge but we aren't going to support this competition any further.

Its going to be run by the American staff and they will pick from their judging pull. Basically another American competition. After winning the division then we should be good in the virtual challenge but we aren't going to support this competition any further.
yeahh, if that's how you feel, then I wouldn't do it either! If I was a coach, (which Im sure my coaches did.)I wouldv'e talked to the judges to see what in the world we could have done to get 1st instead of 2nd with a flawless routine. I love the competition level and the atmosphere there, so I'd love to go back, but Im not sure how my coaches feel about going back after the whole sr2 thing.

Can I ask you which team it was that you cant figure out the placement? Our team was in that division and I thought our placement was low as well. I am definitely not trying to put down any of the other teams....it was an amazing group of teams.
I thought Integrity Cheer Corps should've placed higher than they did. I'm still not sure what nuance I missed that had them where they were. That one threw me and our sr coed lv 4 threw me. I'm not sure how you can have one bobble and a hands down and get beat by a team that dropped two people and had two hands down (on a day that counted 75%) when you were neck and neck for first place going into finals. We found out later that gym was sandbagging level 4 too, which I have specific opinions about that I won't share.

one of my two teams, sr 4 dropped to 2nd, bc of a stunt fall. but it was behind fame who won CS N'tnals, so no biggie!
I feel your pain. We were in first after Saturday in jr 4 and had a stunt fall. Finished third. With was the appropriate placement, I just hate it for my daughter's team.

Small Youth 1

Small Youth 2

Day 2 was so much better for both teams but I misplaced those flash drives.

Aww thanks! Tomcats are a fierce little team (and a young youth2 at that, most of those kids are mini age) they will be FIERCE when they're seniors!

Most likely has to do with strength of routine and routine difficulty. If your routine has enough difficulty it can make up for a deduction. The other thing that is of PRIME importance in a varsity score sheet is the .1 to 1.0 per category you get for technique. One team can pull a bow and arrow and have their kids without their chests pulled through, bent and leaning to the side and arms behind their leg and it won't score as high as a nice heel stretch pulled up to your ear. Timing issues ( hitting together) also goes into that technique "bonus" as I like to think of it. Scales that look like 4s won't get that technique score added to your difficulty whereas that heel stretch will. All of that figures in.

However, I score every division for our gym (aviator) and got every placement correct...except one and i still cant figure that one out. I will say there was one team in the Tomcats division that I couldnt figure out why they were placed where they were. I had them a lot higher up the scale. On the whole I've gotten pretty good at scoring divisions for our coaches but I'm certainly NOT a judge.

Thanks for the input. We must have messed some other things up on day one. I learned we had the best stunt score for day one, but other categories must have been not so good. Day two, we really blew it so it didn't really matter, but I hate the girls had to learn about the way they scored. Now that I think about it, I don't think I'm a fan or making the lowest scoring team going first on day two.

If all the Tomcats are minis then they'll be tough for a while. Are you going to Cheersport in Greensboro 4/15?

Thanks for the input. We must have messed some other things up on day one. I learned we had the best stunt score for day one, but other categories must have been not so good. Day two, we really blew it so it didn't really matter, but I hate the girls had to learn about the way they scored. Now that I think about it, I don't think I'm a fan or making the lowest scoring team going first on day two.

If all the Tomcats are minis then they'll be tough for a while. Are you going to Cheersport in Greensboro 4/15?

No, we open with the Charlotte CHEERSPORT in November and our 3-5 goes to Nationals. The only thing we have left on the schedule is All levels for 1-4 and Worlds for our 5.

I thought Integrity Cheer Corps should've placed higher than they did. I'm still not sure what nuance I missed that had them where they were. That one threw me and our sr coed lv 4 threw me. I'm not sure how you can have one bobble and a hands down and get beat by a team that dropped two people and had two hands down (on a day that counted 75%) when you were neck and neck for first place going into finals. We found out later that gym was sandbagging level 4 too, which I have specific opinions about that I won't share.
I am so glad I am not the only one baffled by that placement....my son is on that team and like you I do some amateur scorekeeping. When we heard we were in 5th I thought I missed something but we had no deductions either day. We got the lowest scores in the division for stunts yet they all hit ,and we only have 2 or 3 bases on all the single legs. We also got low scores for performance yet they had as much if not more energy than any team in that division. Like your team we have alot of younger kids mixed with a few veterans so the future is bright for that team.I was very impressed with all the Aviator teams this weekend. You guys rock!!

Back