All-Star America's Got Talent Season 6 Week 6 Day 1- New Dance Style???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

gymncheercoach

Cheer Parent
Nov 13, 2010
So this group on AGT claims they have a new dance style called 'Drilling'. The whole time I'm watching them dance cheer music is playing through my head. It looked soooo much like a cheer dance. Then one of the judges also said they thought it looked like a cheer dance.

Opinions?

LOL, let me clarify- I definitely didnt think it was a GOOD cheer dance he he he. Just felt very cheer-ish I guess :p

Yea well it's sort of old school cheer-ish so I wouldn't expect some of you young-ens to get it really. Today's dances are much different. Some of the schools you see at the little fair competitions still do dances similar to this too. They don't have great coaches because many times they are volunteer and they don't stunt so there is a lot of dance. That is what this reminded me of.

I could totally see how it would remind someone of cheer dances..we're spoiled because we've gotten so used to more hip-hop/dancer-y styles of dances (girls doing fouettes and switch jetes?). If you see schools who aren't 'blessed' to have jamie parrish or some other allstar choreographer come and choreograph, a lot of them will do that sort-of 'peek a boo' arm/body choreo (back person hits high, front person hits low)..granted lots of HS teams do it period.

They went to the next round... if cheerleaders did that they probably wouldn't have passed, but the judges thought they had ''talent'' I guess.

I cheered back in the "old days" and this was still nothing like our cheer dances! I don't see the parallel between cheer and these guys at all!

Back