All-Star Angel On Today: Guinness World Record

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I bet you after the 2016 Olympics Simone Biles will beat the record. That girl is seriously the best gymnast the world has ever seen.

I bet you after the 2016 Olympics Simone Biles will beat the record. That girl is seriously the best gymnast the world has ever seen.

I won't debate whether or not Simone Biles is the best in history, but I doubt she could bet Angel's record. I'm going to get stoned for this next part, so just know---I know...AS cheer does not teach the technique that gymnasts adhere to. Angel, imo, is no different---is she a solid tumbler? Yes, but she's not the best nor is her technique the best. Gymnasts are taught with a very different mindset; you don't throw the hardest and hope it lands, you throw the hardest you KNOW you can land. If Simone dropped the technique level down could she do more than Angel---maybe, but while Angel may do the most, others will look technically better doing less.

No shade being thrown at either the WC guy or GT girl; they both showed solid skills.

Last edited:
I won't debate whether or not Simone Biles is the best in history, but I doubt she could bet Angel's record. I'm going to get stoned for this next part, so just know---I know...AS cheer does not teach the technique that gymnasts adhere to. Angel, imo, is no different---is she a solid tumbler? Yes, but she's not the best nor is her technique the best. Gymnasts are taught with a very different mindset; you don't throw the hardest and hope it lands, you throw the hardest you KNOW you can land. If Simone dropped the technique level down could she do more than Angel---maybe, but while Angel may do the most, others will look technically better doing less.

No shade being thrown at either the WC guy or GT girl; they both showed solid skills.
Point well made. The technique in cheerleading tumbling almost always makes me cringe I feel like so many cheerleaders chuck skills simply so they can say they got there double so put me on a level 5 team. Somebody is going to get seriously hurt.

Point well made. The technique in cheerleading tumbling almost always makes me cringe I feel like so many cheerleaders chuck skills simply so they can say they got there double so put me on a level 5 team. Somebody is going to get seriously hurt.
The mentality starts with the coaches. If kids in cheer were under more pressure to throw the cleanest skills, and more importantly if there were more of a stigma placed on sloppy skills, we wouldn't be were we are now.

My sister-in-law owns a book store, but we don't live anywhere near her :(

Back