All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am happy for the kid, because I missed him on Smoed but an athlete from Smoed 2013 who wasn't on the team this year has announced on twitter saying that he is returning to the team for his senior year - 2014-2015.

I know he is an incredible athlete, and would 99.9% surely have a spot on the team but HOW can these kids have a confirmed place if Smoed/Cali tryouts haven't even happened yet?! I love Cali, but I really don't like how these athletes are all announcing BEFORE tryouts that they already made the team.

Well THAT kid maybe doesn't need to try out. I mean, they know him, where he's been, how he's doing cheer-wise, so I can see him being put on the team. But one never knows how things will work out. Honestly, I don't know who is on the team until they take the mat at their first compeititon. Teams are always a fluid situation for one reason or another. :)

This year is her last - 2014.
I actually saw someone comment on one of her Instagram photos asking "Are you cheering for smoed next season?" And she said "That's the plan" or something along those lines so I don't think it's her last season

23w9pnq.jpg

I don't understand why a thread was started for this. Athletes move all the time. I don't think there is a need to start a whole discussion over it. Not trying to sound rude, just my opinion

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Seriously? You don't think one of the best tumblers in all star cheer jumps ship from one of the top gyms in the country and defects to a rival gym....you don't see that as news worthy?

I literally paused in reading this thread because I felt an immediate need to reply to this.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

PS- My Kristen Stewart impression is legendary. Especially because we have the same first name and when my hair is straight and I look depressed, people tell me we look similar :D
Apparently I look like her too. I won celebrity look a like my senior year! Although I look like Bella version Kristen, wavy dark hair, brown eyes.

Seriously? You don't think one of the best tumblers in all star cheer jumps ship from one of the top gyms in the country and defects to a rival gym....you don't see that as news worthy?

Not when she made the move in order to further her power tumbling career.

I read somewhere that Jamie is finishing up high school early? I know she's a junior this year so is she going to graduate after this year? If so does that mean she's done with CA too?

Jamie is graduating early. Staying in dallas. Staying at CA :)

Well THAT kid maybe doesn't need to try out. I mean, they know him, where he's been, how he's doing cheer-wise, so I can see him being put on the team. But one never knows how things will work out. Honestly, I don't know who is on the team until they take the mat at their first compeititon. Teams are always a fluid situation for one reason or another. :)

Sorry should have been clearer in what I meant - I find it odd/strange that they are announcing it on social media before tryouts. Whilst I know they must be excited about their place on the team, out of respect for the other athletes who are trying out I personally would not announce it until after tryouts when every one is.

Sorry should have been clearer in what I meant - I find it odd/strange that they are announcing it on social media before tryouts. Whilst I know they must be excited about their place on the team, out of respect for the other athletes who are trying out I personally would not announce it until after tryouts when every one is.

Yes, I agree. :)

I saw someone else who is very VERY well known for his tumbling skills, tweet about "sending in a video." The tweet has since been deleted. I'm wondering if it was in reference to this.
If we're thinking of the same person/tweet, I assumed the tweet to be about Wildcats for some odd reason because the tweet right before that one was about them.

Gonna bet and say that gitl Peyton from Oregon is a new member..

@Weezy as in this year the 2014 year is her last or she will super for the 2015 year?
She has tweeted that she has her plane ticket booked for CA tryouts so she's for sure trying out! I'd love to see her on the team. I think she'd fit really well.

Latest posts

Back