All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well THAT kid maybe doesn't need to try out. I mean, they know him, where he's been, how he's doing cheer-wise, so I can see him being put on the team. But one never knows how things will work out. Honestly, I don't know who is on the team until they take the mat at their first compeititon. Teams are always a fluid situation for one reason or another. :)
Everyone is replaceable. You're spot is never secure.....never secure. That's whether you're SMOED, Snipers, Code 3, or any other team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Seriously? You don't think one of the best tumblers in all star cheer jumps ship from one of the top gyms in the country and defects to a rival gym....you don't see that as news worthy?
Not 12 pages worth.......

The boys you reference have aged out (I believe) and unable to remain on SMOED for the upcoming year. So, they're exploring their options for their next year in cheer.

Plus I'm from Dallas and there are soo many great colleges nearby(obviously my school SMU) But also UTD, UD, TCU all in the metroplex! I'm probably even forgetting some so Dallas is a good place to look at since they can cheer and get a good education!

I actually saw someone comment on one of her Instagram photos asking "Are you cheering for smoed next season?" And she said "That's the plan" or something along those lines so I don't think it's her last season
This was a response to a question about a TGLC athlete not Angel or a Smoed athlete.

I realized, in the middle of my exam this morning (I'm such a good student), what irks me most about these "announcements" (not just Angel and not just about smoed) is the proximity to Worlds. The season literally ended a couple days ago and athletes are already "announcing" (I also have a problem with announcing to the world where they'll cheer next year but that's beside the point..) what gyms they're going to switch to. Why so soon after the season ended? How do they already have a place on the team? Were they in talks with the gym and guaranteed a spot on the team as long as they uproot their lives and move to town just for cheerleading?

I don't know, it's all starting to be a little much for me, hearing about athletes in high school moving to a different state just for cheerleading and gyms advertising on social media for level 5 athletes instead of working with those already in the gym.
I know someone close to the situation and they advised me that it was not Angel or her family's intent to publicize their decision this early. However, due to the fact that cheerupdates tweeted the speculation, they felt they had no choice but to put out some sort of clarity about the situation before the rumor mill started churning.

It seems clear to me that certain twitter accounts such as the one I mentioned are so eager to "stir the crap pot" that they have no regard about putting something out there that they heard from a source before an athlete is ready to announce it. This seems irresponsible and to me will only continue to enforce the need for athletes to feel like they have to officially announce things like this. I am quite sure Angel and her family didn't want to have to deal with another week to two weeks of speculation and rumors swirling around because cheerupdates thinks he is the cheer god of paparazzi's. I'm all for there being a twitter that keeps us plugged in to competitions and teams throughout the season and how they perform, but when the account starts becoming a "TMZ" for cheerleading, to me that is just not good. However, I guess this is the world we live in now, so I don't expect we will see less of this in the future.

One more thing I think many are forgetting. Athletes moving to be on a high profile team is nothing new. TGLC has been doing it for years and has won multiple world titles with athletes (mainly boys) they flew in or moved in from other states. The only difference today is that some of these high profile athletes that before quietly moved from one state to another are now followed by thousands of followers on social media. So when they move, everyone talks about it.

Everyone is replaceable... but we'll throw a hissy fit when you try and leave our team.
I didn't see anyone except the fans throwing a hissy fit when jenee left. Maybe the athletes were hurt, but the coaches and adults involved were very mature about it.... So no, they won't throw a hissy fit. Eddie and orby know they're replaceable just like they tell their athletes.

I read somewhere that Jamie is finishing up high school early? I know she's a junior this year so is she going to graduate after this year? If so does that mean she's done with CA too?
Yeah she is graduating early just like Taylor lower did this year (she was a panther and will be cheering for OU now)
eta: sorry didn't see that someone already answered

Can we talk about the overwhelming amount of tweets and posts today from gyms advertising for boys? It even had a hashtag #tryoutthursday
Are we getting ready to hit a boy dry spell like we did a couple seasons ago? What is the large coed division going to look like with so many boys aging out? Or will we see new boys from small gyms moving in to take their place?

I know someone close to the situation and they advised me that it was not Angel or her family's intent to publicize their decision this early. However, due to the fact that cheerupdates tweeted the speculation, they felt they had no choice but to put out some sort of clarity about the situation before the rumor mill started churning.

It seems clear to me that certain twitter accounts such as the one I mentioned are so eager to "stir the crap pot" that they have no regard about putting something out there that they heard from a source before an athlete is ready to announce it. This seems irresponsible and to me will only continue to enforce the need for athletes to feel like they have to officially announce things like this. I am quite sure Angel and her family didn't want to have to deal with another week to two weeks of speculation and rumors swirling around because cheerupdates thinks he is the cheer god of paparazzi's. I'm all for there being a twitter that keeps us plugged in to competitions and teams throughout the season and how they perform, but when the account starts becoming a "TMZ" for cheerleading, to me that is just not good. However, I guess this is the world we live in now, so I don't expect we will see less of this in the future.
Not that it is right either way that he may not have verified the story and received permission but I am curious who even told him to begin with?

Back