All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What caught my attention about Smoed was the series AND Eddie and Orby. I loved Robert's first season experience. I think if an athlete is moving to cheer on any one of these top teams, they should watch the series and get a glimpse of what this experience has been for others good or bad. Most of the athletes I know who have done this have had an amazing experience but it does not come without some sacrifice and hardship. Good luck to all taking the leap of faith for the 2014-2015 season.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why everyone is ganging up on @krystynakrez, because I agree with everything she said on this topic. I really don't care who is on the team. It's not going to change my life in any way, shape, or form. That's not HATING on Smoed, that's just being honest. It goes for about 95% of you who aren't directly affiliated with Smoed or any of it's new team members.

I bet 98% of the tween population will hate me after this one but

I really don't care about smoed and who's on the team and I never will.

I don't mean to attack you and I know its most likely not your intention but a lot of your posts recently have made it seem like you want everyone and their mama to know how much better you are than they are because you apparently "don't care" about all the mainstream topics we discuss.

We get it.

For me the really only reason i like SMOED is Eddie and Orby. Nothing against the athletes or anything like that they are really good and of course i like them i just dont understand the hype around them. sure they are a really good team but like there are other teams out there that are as good as them and the hype is not as big around them. But i am in no way hating on SMOED as a team. i really like them. just not the hype around them.

I wonder why would anyone leave cheer athletics....
Probably because they are not okay with their athletes promote things...ops shouldn't say that #sorrynotsorry

I'm confused - are you being sarcastic? There are probably people frustrated that our athletes promote too much, and there are probably people frustrated we don't allow more.

Last edited:
I don't mean to attack you and I know its most likely not your intention but a lot of your posts recently have made it seem like you want everyone and their mama to know how much better you are than they are because you apparently "don't care" about all the mainstream topics we discuss.

We get it.
haha no not at all! If any of you guys knew me in person or knew my personality like @yooolizzi* does, you guys would know I'm very passive about everything.
And it's that time as well...... :oops:

*I'm gonna add @JayySoFierce, @chyeeaaa69, and @ChoreographyInTheBack to this as well

Last edited:
haha no not at all! If any of you guys knew me in person or knew my personality like @yooolizzi* does, you guys would know I'm very passive about everything.
And it's that time as well...... :oops:

*I'm gonna add @JayySoFierce, @chyeeaaa69, and @ChoreographyInTheBack to this as well

That's what I thought, obviously I've never met you but you seem like a lovely person. I guessed you didn't mean that post in that way, its just how it seemed :)

I know of another boy that has received an "invite" to join SMOED next season not mentioned here. The email he received requested that he not tell anyone prior to tryouts. I imagine everyone's email stated the same thing. The coaches were probably trying to keep it under wraps out of respect for the kids in their gym so that everyone "felt" like they all had the same chances at tryouts. As we all know, things change and the coaches are going to do the best thing for their teams. If someone has been invited and doesn't work out, they will be replaced. Cali has a very strong coaching style and sometimes this can be an "issue" for new athletes. If I was a parent at that gym, it would bother me that they were already filling spots from outside the gym. That being said, coaches already have an idea of the teams and athletes needed to fill teams PRIOR to tryouts. Tryouts are usually needed to roundout the last athletes. Coaches know the capabilities of their athletes. They know in all probability that athletes are not gonna get "brand new" skills right before tryouts and if they do, they are not guaranteed that the new skill will be competition ready.

I know of another boy that has received an "invite" to join SMOED next season not mentioned here. The email he received requested that he not tell anyone prior to tryouts. I imagine everyone's email stated the same thing. The coaches were probably trying to keep it under wraps out of respect for the kids in their gym so that everyone "felt" like they all had the same chances at tryouts. As we all know, things change and the coaches are going to do the best thing for their teams. If someone has been invited and doesn't work out, they will be replaced. Cali has a very strong coaching style and sometimes this can be an "issue" for new athletes. If I was a parent at that gym, it would bother me that they were already filling spots from outside the gym. That being said, coaches already have an idea of the teams and athletes needed to fill teams PRIOR to tryouts. Tryouts are usually needed to roundout the last athletes. Coaches know the capabilities of their athletes. They know in all probability that athletes are not gonna get "brand new" skills right before tryouts and if they do, they are not guaranteed that the new skill will be competition ready.

This makes me sad for those kids :(

I, like @krystynakrez also know all of 2 athletes on smoed and it's only because we beat it to death on here. I pop in because those threads are long and I wonder if they are interesting. I really don't care otherwise. I'm 24. Does that officially make me the first cheer hipster?!?! #smoedstoomainstream #worldchampteamyouveneverheardof

I do, however, find the whole athlete switching concept interesting. PARTICULARLY with small teams, as it's much easier to essentially hand-pick a team of the best athletes across the globe. Which is essentially what they're doing. I DO feel bad for the Cali athletes who go there, as they're no longer competing with their own gym-mates for spots. Their competition went from a couple hundred to hundreds of thousands.

Back