All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so if her birthday was december she could technically be on green BUT no worlds competitors are allowed to compete at the summit and i doubt rays would be the gym to try that.

and holy i feel old if that girl just turned 15!
Are you sure that's correct? Last year south elite had several kids from their medium coed worlds team compete at summit with their level 4 senior team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think the new trend is starting to become wanting multiple worlds ring/win. I don't get it personally, I'd be pretty thrilled with just having one, but whatever. I guess if the parents are willing to shell out the money for it, then what is stopping them from doing this.
I get the appeal, but I couldn't imagine doing that. I've been involved with both good & bad programs and when I was with a program I loved, winning wasn't what made me stay. We won titles, but we lost plenty too. I felt like I could be myself there and I wouldn't have left even if a worlds ring was given to me as soon as I walked through the door of a new gym (you get my point). If you're unhappy where you are, by all means go somewhere else. Maybe she wasn't being challenged enough? Who are we to say? All I know is these kids are brave. I wouldn't have wanted to live away from my friends and family as a teenager. I definitely couldn't leave my dogs behind.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || MEOW

Are you sure that's correct? Last year south elite had several kids from their medium coed worlds team compete at summit with their level 4 senior team.

It was mentioned earlier, but there is a new rule this year that limits each team to 5 athletes that competed at Worlds.

It was mentioned earlier, but there is a new rule this year that limits each team to 5 athletes that competed at Worlds.
So you can, that's what I was thinking. How is this different than last year though? Was it unlimited crossovers last year?

I think Angel had her tryout out Worlds. I do not see anything wrong with them stating she is on the team. There are 19 other spots.

I would have loved to see her on Lady Jags or TGLC. There hasn't been a girl tumbler on TGLC featured since Kimmy in 2007 I think it was.
I always wonder why they never showcase Jordan.. I know she has done videos with kick doubles and she's always been pretty boss at tumbling! Also I hope she's not a senior!

Angel's major following on social media is mostly cheerleaders, not power tumblers or those in that field. Her move for power tumbling (to Kiara's old coach apparently) is probably not all that interesting to most of them. It's not surprising that her announcement began with that. Word from a friend at Rays is that her move is 100% motivated by her future in power tumbling, and that Smoed is the most competitive level 5 in the area she's moving to, so she's going to Smoed.

Now this makes sense! As a coach and from a business stand point, announcing that someone of her caliber and popularity would be cheering at their gym is genius actually. I wonder what other "Cheerlebrities" might try and jump on the Smoed band wagon. Im excited to see her on Smoed though!
Also fabulous to announce this to bring the viewers back to The Cheerleaders. Win-win! She will be great, as always!

I always wonder why they never showcase Jordan.. I know she has done videos with kick doubles and she's always been pretty boss at tumbling! Also I hope she's not a senior!

She is a super senior so last year on TGLC.

I would imagine most athletes who move across the country to cheer send a video for tryouts anyway. I would guess her performance this weekend could have served that purpose--obviously they offered her a spot :) I think announcing it early isn't such a bad idea on the gyms part..--in case there are others looking to move, which I assume there are they better get a move on...one spot down..only 19 left :)
A girl at my gym has been offered a spot and obviously accepted. Only 18 spots left!

Back