All-Star Ankle Exercises?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 23, 2010
I recently got my tuck and I'm still figuring out how to set up high enough that it doesn't hurt my ankles when I land. Like right now it even hurts to walk. What are some good strengthening exercises to do so that they don't hurt all the time?

Make sure you're not landing short when you do them because that hurts, so keep pulling and don't open up. :)
And do heel raises and stand on one leg for like 30 seconds at a time. It may seem like it's not doing anything, but I did them in physical therapy for my ankle!

Make sure you're not landing short when you do them because that hurts, so keep pulling and don't open up. :)
And do heel raises and stand on one leg for like 30 seconds at a time. It may seem like it's not doing anything, but I did them in physical therapy for my ankle!

That's exactly what I do in my tucks, I land short and open up too soon. Thanks :)

doing the alphabet is really the best way to strengthen them but make sure you spell the letters forward and backwards so you work both sides of the ankle. I had the weakest ankles in history and now I'm good because of doing this.

Toe raises, heel raises. Stand on one leg and reach down and touch the floor while balancing on one foot.

Back