OT Another Bow Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

CXAcoach&mom

Cheer Parent
Feb 4, 2011
So I have been making boutique bows for 6 years (the kind little girls wear). But now I want to start doing some cheer bows.. I have done the one fabric kind. But I want to do some with the three layers..the wave like kind. Any tips on that? I have searched and searched on here and google etc.. and Im not finding much!
Thanks so much!!

So I have been making boutique bows for 6 years (the kind little girls wear). But now I want to start doing some cheer bows.. I have done the one fabric kind. But I want to do some with the three layers..the wave like kind. Any tips on that? I have searched and searched on here and google etc.. and Im not finding much!
Thanks so much!!
By "wave like kind" are you refering to bows like these:

bow3.png

bow2.png

*PLEASE NOTE: I DID NOT make these bows! I got the pics from Yella Ribbon to use as a referance.*
Because I would also like some pointers if someone doesn't mind sharing.

Yep thats the ones! I think I know how to layer it together.. I assume its like single fabric ones.. but I dont know how they get the shape the same all the time..

how to get the layers to look perfect. also today I tried a cutout and for some reason spandex wouldnt hold to spandex with heat n bond.. any ideas on that?? Thanks!

For that kind of wave I actually have a sharp enough router cutter that I can cut up to 4 layers of regular fabric at a time and then if its thick spandex I can do 2 maybe 3 depending on how thick. I got it at Hobby Lobby. I just pin the fabric down and then I have this guide that I made and place it on top of the fabric to hold it down even more and it just guides my router cutter so that if my hand slips it won't cut off to some random part of the fabric.

lol well say you want 3 colors/layers. You can either cut each layer to match up with one another or you can layer them (which will make the bow really thick) if you want a wavy look you can cut a wave like design on one side but if you just want the look above its only 1 arch and you cut the arch big enough to fit only 1 side of the bow or the whole bow, depending how you want it. I'm making one tonight so I'll either take photos or a video and post it here, won't be till after 6pm tho.

Back