All-Star Another Year Passed...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 20, 2010
Its hard to believe that another season has passed and that its already worlds. This season has been filled with highs and lows for the entire cheer community. Personally, what was your high and low of cheerleading this year? Im just curious to hear about everyones season (Example: HIGH- getting my full LOW-my favorite coach quitting)

this year was for sure very up and down for us:
2 lows.... the passing of our beloved Lori Morris in November and also the very difficult decision that after 5 years of coaching I am going to be taking time off/leaving indefinitely to spend time at home with my little son and husband (which is good, but leaving the gym...such a difficult choice)

our high - my large senior 3 team Midwest Cheer Elite Fashion winning cheersport with the 4th highest overall score at the entire competition! as it was our second year there we had a much better idea of what we needed....and also thank C4 and Cheer808 teams from last year for showing us what we needed to step it up! such an amazing experience!

My cp's highs of this year- getting her 3 to a full and her double! Her tumbling has really come a long way!:)
My cp's low was falling out of a stunt for the first time. It was devastating for her. It broke my heart as a mom because I could not convince her that it was ok. :(

High- First place at all competitons except 2 of them :) getting my handpring tuck back after losing it for a year, and our Day 2 cheerpower rutine!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Lows: My stunt falling at 2 different competitions toward begining of season and our rutine we performed at Jamfest Super Nationals :( but that also made our team relize what happens when we look the way we did so it only made us stronger <3

High: Every day I have with my team<3

Low: Anytime our routine didn't hit... I hate to see them frustrated or upset, and always think about what I could've done differently to make sure it didn't happen

Lows - dealing with an interesting, tough coach, LOTS of people quitting through the year and not hitting at Dallas where we had the chance to win

Highs - finally hitting perfect (the competition after Dallas -.-) but every run after that was flawless and so fun!

Low~ 3 coaches(co-workers, best friends) quit :( within 6 months

Low/High~ For the last 3/4 competitions my yth2 had someone get hurt the NIGHT before the competition and had to come to the competition EARLY so we can teach another girl the routine. It's a both high and low because they have gone though so much but everytime they hit the stage you would have not known what they were dealing with 5 hours before!!! Their strenght and positive attitudes made me love my job so much more this season :)

High-Cheering my first year ever as a college athlete and helping coach a youth all star team! :)

Low-Breaking & tearing my thumb :(, a total of 4 acl tears on my college cheer team, and deciding to take a year off from cheer (next year):(

Low - Watching every time my cp got sick before the first 4 competitions and falling out of her stunts repeatedly.

High - Watching after her bases were changed and she made the decision that she would never come out of her stunts again! Mental strength is sometimes more important than physical!!

Low - Mom being diagnosed with Breast Cancer and having to miss cp's comps because of chemo & radiation.

High - Knowing that my cp & I had the support of all the cheer moms & dads if we ever needed a ride to practice, babysitter, or shoulder to cry on!

Low - Finding out that our gym last season was NOT the right place for us.

High - Finding out that we LOVE our gym this season and don't plan to put on teal armor :)

pinksparklybow said:
this year was for sure very up and down for us:
2 lows.... the passing of our beloved Lori Morris in November and also the very difficult decision that after 5 years of coaching I am going to be taking time off/leaving indefinitely to spend time at home with my little son and husband (which is good, but leaving the gym...such a difficult choice)

our high - my large senior 3 team Midwest Cheer Elite Fashion winning cheersport with the 4th highest overall score at the entire competition! as it was our second year there we had a much better idea of what we needed....and also thank C4 and Cheer808 teams from last year for showing us what we needed to step it up! such an amazing experience!

Mine are the same! Both of my daughters were fortunate enough to be on Fashion.

We are going to miss you so much, you are doing the right thing!

HIGH= Was being on Team Texas and actually getting to travel and compete out of texas! & experience being on a REAL team that LOVES cheerleading. Also getting to go to Just about Every Major competitiion this year!

LOW- Fracturing my foot, just when i start to tumbling good again.

Green Lows: Stunt consistency in competition early in the season :(
Green Highs: Suzie got her tick tock! She competed a new skill: whip punch full through to double :). Undefeated season, including the triple crown :) Best group of drama free parents ever.

Spice Lows: Lots of kids came and went the first part of the year (revolving door syndrome).
Spice Highs: New skills competed: standing one to double, toe full, arabian, toe touch double basket toss, Triple Crown winners! Paid bid to Worlds!! Cinderella team :)

Cp grew more this season as a cheerleader than all of the last 7 seasons combined :). Overall it was a great year!

High- Our senior 2,3, and 4 teams winning American masters nationals, and our gym winning the sportsmanship award. Also winning small gym national champions at spirit sports nationals in the large senior 3 division! Lastly , learning how to coed stunt :)

Low- my coach since I was little leaving the program , and getting scored horrible at all levels ....

Back