Any Advice On How To Get A Response For A Gym Rental?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 7, 2014
Good afternoon everyone, I am seeking advice on how to ask for rental space. I am a new coach for a recreational team. I am completely at lost here. I don't know how to appropriately send an email asking for rental space without me giving a long explanation on why. I am very talkative, so I like for emails to be very descriptive. For business purposes, I need to work on keeping my emails short and to the point so I can get responses from owners. Any advice on this would be helpful.

PS: This isn't a new team I'm coaching. I am just the new coach. Since the last coach quit on this team, they have lost the free practice area they were given. If I don't find a practice space before the Football season starts, the team will no longer be a team, and they will have to go separate ways.

Thanks in advanced.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Good afternoon everyone, I am seeking advice on how to ask for rental space. I am a new coach for a recreational team. I am completely at lost here. I don't know how to appropriately send an email asking for rental space without me giving a long explanation on why. I am very talkative, so I like for emails to be very descriptive. For business purposes, I need to work on keeping my emails short and to the point so I can get responses from owners. Any advice on this would be helpful.

PS: This isn't a new team I'm coaching. I am just the new coach. Since the last coach quit on this team, they have lost the free practice area they were given. If I don't find a practice space before the Football season starts, the team will no longer be a team, and they will have to go separate ways.

Thanks in advanced.

It sounds like you coach a rec team that will cheer on the sidelines at football games. Is there any reason you cannot practice on the sidelines of your home football field? Obviously you shouldn't be working on dangerous stunts or tumbling on grass, but basics are easily done on the sidelines or in a large open area, such as a local public park.

As for asking for rental space if you MUST have a gym (if you're practicing for competition, for example) - look up local all star gyms. Go to their contact page, email their listed contact address. Keep it simple: Hi, my name is XYZ and I coach ABC rec cheer. We are in need of practice space. Do you have availability on these days/dates at these times: ***? What are your requirements for insurance and waivers? Will other coaches and teams be there at that time or will we have the gym to ourselves? Our budget is $--- per hour - will this work for you or do you have other prices? Thank you for any information you can provide.

Then make sure you list your contact information, including full name, email address and phone number. Hope that helps :)

@SarahS is definitely the rec cheer expert on the boards. My advice is to direct all your questions to her. LOL

I thought in a different thread you are asking about a high school team. Are you not allowed to use the school or does the school not have a cheer squad?

Back