Anyone think there is a similar situation going on with FIFA and technology?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
There is no instant replay or goal line technology in Soccer (football). I think it has really hurt the sport.

Similar that unresolved issues in cheerleading cause it problems.

I don't remember what competition it is, but they did let us fight any deductions we had and they were able to review the video and remove our deduction. It may have been Spirit Sports Northeast Knockout?

Ugh, no replays in soccer please! Why ruin such a classic, beautiful sport? PLus, many of the coaches and owners do not want it.

However, I like the idea of being able to review videos to keep deductions to a minimum in cheerleading. Its not something that takes away from the time on the mat.

Ugh, no replays in soccer please! Why ruin such a classic, beautiful sport? PLus, many of the coaches and owners do not want it.

However, I like the idea of being able to review videos to keep deductions to a minimum in cheerleading. Its not something that takes away from the time on the mat.

Hard to believe this one KREC.....

I think many World Cup players/fans would disagree with you on that one after this World Cup..considering many feel it was ruined BECAUSE a lack of technology. Which is ridiculous considering the refs all wear walkie earpieces anyway, what's to stop them from adding on to that to use it for fixing the multitude of errors that showed up at this Cup? (no rhyming intended)

Just add goal line technology, instant review on any any stop play calls, and then after game yellow OR red cards to those obviously faking injuries.

Done, I just fixed football.

Hard to believe this one KREC.....

Ouch, coming from my own mother..... :)

Stopping play to review a goal is not going to make this game better. Its going to slow it down and take away from the art of the play. Introduce a microchip so when the ball crosses the line, it beeps, lights flash, something. Anything but stopping game play to review. All signals would have to be instantaeous and direct to the official any other way. Not possible.

Just add goal line technology, instant review on any any stop play calls, and then after game yellow OR red cards to those obviously faking injuries.

Done, I just fixed football.

I agree with you. I'm not a fan of instant replay in soccer. The game is a non-stop game...there's not time-outs, quarters or periods that allow the clock to stop. Instant replay would damage the game. However, goal line technology wouldn't interfere with any of that. I highly doubt any of it will happen, but that's the only thing I can see FIFA implementing.

I agree with you. I'm not a fan of instant replay in soccer. The game is a non-stop game...there's not time-outs, quarters or periods that allow the clock to stop. Instant replay would damage the game. .

Its a form of art. :)

Like chess? Or is that just a game

I was actually in Chess club in high school. I used to play all the time (and we had quite a few ranked players in there as well).

KB and I just recently started playing over chess with friends. He's not good.

Back