All-Star Anyone Watching The All Star Games?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The participation gift was a custom GK sequin All Star Games jacket or a GK sublimated compression shirt for every athlete that attended.

To put this in perspective:

A spectator 3 night quad package is $230.

This included the following

3 night hotel room
Opening Extravaganza Ticket
Day 1 admission pass
Day 2 admission pass
$100 dinning deals
2 drink tickets (21 & up)
1 year subscription to Twisted TV

The price changes slightly per every person you drop out of the room. (Single, double, triple)

It is defiantly affordable and prices lower than anything that is similar.

Why people chose to go outside of the spectator package and pay the high prices, not sure.

Since I've never attended Worlds or the Summit, I realize this may be a dumb question but what the heck. So if my husband and I wanted to come watch our little adorable compete at your event, it would be $230 per person and we would have to find two more people to share our room with?

Since I've never attended Worlds or the Summit, I realize this may be a dumb question but what the heck. So if my husband and I wanted to come watch our little adorable compete at your event, it would be $230 per person and we would have to find two more people to share our room with?
You don't have to share a room, you just pay a higher cost for a double versus a quad.

Most likely in the area of $230x4=920 so a double probably runs in the realm of 920/2=$460 each

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It's not a dumb question :) for Worlds, The Ganes, Summit, etc you can purchase a single, double, triple or quad package. Quad is the more affordable out of the 4 options. Quad was just the example package used :)

ETA: didn't see this was answered

Was that per night? Usually the quad package is per night per person. Why people would go outside is because you can get a weekend rate in Vegas at a really nice hotel for a little less than that $230 per person rate.

That quad rate is $920 for a family of four (using family here because it's us parents who find these prices crazy). My husband doesn't want a year subscription to Twisted TV. IJS

No, not per night, but yes, per person. We also allow children 4 & under in for free (expect for opening extravaganza). The subscription is more so for your athletes (who may want to watch later) or grandparents who aren't able to attend. It will be at streaming on Twisted TV next year, so whoever was unable to attend has access to watch loved ones.

I think this seems like a great competition and affordable pricing. So sick of traveling to florida every single year. Me and my cp's have been to disney 16 times already for various competitions over the years. We have to buy the packages and really don't go to the parks anymore. Vegas sounds awesome! I heard the athletes that were at the games over the weekend had the best time of their lives!

So if my dates are correct, the Champions League and Allstar Games are on the same weekend, in the same city next year.

Collaboration? Surely no one missed that as a calendar conflict.

That has some interesting possibilities. That will be a cheer-extravaganza that weekend regardless.

2hz5rug.jpg
[/IMG]

Reading through this thread I don't think the "hostility" has anything to do with the All Star Games. It sounded unique. Wouldn't mind seeing it in action. What had me side eyeing the thread was the tone in which parents were addressed about the entry fee.

Cheer is ridiculously expensive as it is and piling on with parent spectator fees over $100 is a deal breaker for some people. That doesn't make them worthless parents. (Not saying that was said but it was how it came across).

I have a car that hasn't turned two yet. I flipped 50k miles this past week. My house is a wreck because I've not seen the inside of it. Cooking dinner for the family in April?! Right. I haven't seen my son in four days (literally). We had to split the family up this weekend to attend to both their cheer responsibilities in two states at the same time. Even the dog had to be attended by my parents to come let her in/out this weekend because we weren't there to do it and only one of them was competing. The other was "home."

This is all in addition to the fact I bought four uniforms this year, had three competitions requiring flights, three with drives in excess of 9 hours and have stressed out about work and school attendance which is off the chain.

I say all this to say my husband and I have good jobs. I have a doctorate and he's an architect working for a major medical institution. We make a good living. And this year I've lived in a constant state of panic about paying the bills because our cheer bill (conservatively) tripled. I'm actually in the hunt for a new job JUST to reduce stress about money...and I like where I work. I don't want to leave but the cost of cheer is forcing that decision.

So, whether it was intended or not, the commentary here from two people I respect came across very bluntly as "you're only good to write a check and if you don't like it it's because you're too poor or too uneducated to do what's right for your own kids and your options are to sit down and shut it, find a cheaper and less meaningful program for your kids or buy the live stream because you're not in the least bit important beyond paying the bills."

That's disrespectful for what I DO do for my kids.

My entire life and my job revolves around getting them where they're supposed to be and ensuring it's all paid on time. And I'm working my a$$ off to get that done.

I don't think any parent that has replied here is interested in anything more than a modicum of respect for what we do for our kids (that many people will not do) and some acknowledgement that were working as hard as our kids. I didn't choose to take it, but I appreciated that champions league had a cheaper parent ticket option. If you want to get people on board with this...do that for the parents and give them a discounted ticket option so were not gouged again and our check books are respected for how hard they work. (If you're already doing that, kudos to you).

Again, not saying that those words were spoken specifically but that was how they came off to me (and I'll wager) many other parents who read it.

I was going to respond again, but this is everything I wanted to say. Thank you.

Interesting package. So for my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 athletes) I would have to pay $920.00 plus airfare plus registration fee (if applicable for the athletes). I don't consider this affordable and it is more than I am paying for Worlds. To compare, CL cost me about $460 for hotel, admission and registration. Again, not knocking the competition itself - just the pricing!
Does this event give paid bids ? I know you get bids because we got one. But, since we weren't attending I didn't bother with learning what the bid covered.

You wouldn't need to pay admission for the athletes. Registration should do that. So, it would be $460 plus the additional for the athletes hotel. I paid a lot more than that when we went to UCA. And I'm sure the hotel in Vegas would be a lot nicer than what we had in Florida. I'm not knocking Florida. I had a great time at UCA. I'm just using it as a basis for comparison. What is the cost at Worlds this year ?

I think part of the problem is this being the event's first year, nobody knows what to expect. For an ordinary competition it's expensive. But, it's not ordinary. What is it then ? Nobody really knew. Given that people are going to balk at the cost. Now that they've had this event the facts will get dispersed. Attendees will pass on their experiences. Then maybe people will view it differently. I don't think people would be as reluctant if they felt they were getting their money's worth and experiencing something exceptional, unlike any other.

That spectator fee is RIDICULOUS!!! When it comes to cheer competitions, I want to see my kid and her teammates perform and pretty much that's it (well also includes teams that my friends have kids on) I don't care to see acrobatics or cirque style performances. If I want that, then I'll buy tickets when the cirque show comes to town each summer.

I don't want to have to sit at home and watch on Cheer Live. I have NEVER missed either one of my girls performances whether it's allstar or school related.

Vegas isn't my ideal spot to take my kids either! Don't get me wrong, I love Vegas when it's me and the hubby.
I've been taking my daughter to Vegas for competition for about nine years. This last season we didn't compete in Vegas. She really missed going to Vegas. So much so that she's begging her coach to return to Vegas this upcoming season. Vegas has become much more kid friendly over the years. It' really can make a great family destination.

Reading through this thread I don't think the "hostility" has anything to do with the All Star Games. It sounded unique. Wouldn't mind seeing it in action. What had me side eyeing the thread was the tone in which parents were addressed about the entry fee.

Cheer is ridiculously expensive as it is and piling on with parent spectator fees over $100 is a deal breaker for some people. That doesn't make them worthless parents. (Not saying that was said but it was how it came across).

I have a car that hasn't turned two yet. I flipped 50k miles this past week. My house is a wreck because I've not seen the inside of it. Cooking dinner for the family in April?! Right. I haven't seen my son in four days (literally). We had to split the family up this weekend to attend to both their cheer responsibilities in two states at the same time. Even the dog had to be attended by my parents to come let her in/out this weekend because we weren't there to do it and only one of them was competing. The other was "home."

This is all in addition to the fact I bought four uniforms this year, had three competitions requiring flights, three with drives in excess of 9 hours and have stressed out about work and school attendance which is off the chain.

I say all this to say my husband and I have good jobs. I have a doctorate and he's an architect working for a major medical institution. We make a good living. And this year I've lived in a constant state of panic about paying the bills because our cheer bill (conservatively) tripled. I'm actually in the hunt for a new job JUST to reduce stress about money...and I like where I work. I don't want to leave but the cost of cheer is forcing that decision.

So, whether it was intended or not, the commentary here from two people I respect came across very bluntly as "you're only good to write a check and if you don't like it it's because you're too poor or too uneducated to do what's right for your own kids and your options are to sit down and shut it, find a cheaper and less meaningful program for your kids or buy the live stream because you're not in the least bit important beyond paying the bills."

That's disrespectful for what I DO do for my kids.

My entire life and my job revolves around getting them where they're supposed to be and ensuring it's all paid on time. And I'm working my a$$ off to get that done.

I don't think any parent that has replied here is interested in anything more than a modicum of respect for what we do for our kids (that many people will not do) and some acknowledgement that were working as hard as our kids. I didn't choose to take it, but I appreciated that champions league had a cheaper parent ticket option. If you want to get people on board with this...do that for the parents and give them a discounted ticket option so were not gouged again and our check books are respected for how hard they work. (If you're already doing that, kudos to you).

Again, not saying that those words were spoken specifically but that was how they came off to me (and I'll wager) many other parents who read it.

I agree 100% that nobody has the right to criticize cheer parents for not giving enough.

Ten years ago when my daughter started cheer I viewed it as a hobby. One year later it became obvious that it was the sport for her..What I failed to realize was that it would soon take command of my life. Cheer isn't a hobby, sport, or extracurricular activity. Cheer is a lifestyle. It's a family commitment. Before you know it, cheer runs your life. You can't take vacations because there's camp, choreography, team bonding, or some other mandatory cheer activity. Then it's time for competition season. But that's okay since you can no longer afford to take a vacation. You drive more miles than a long haul trucker. You log more time in the gym than an Olympian. You learn to ignore your filthy house and your mountain of laundry. You've been sucked into the cheer vortex and there is no way out.

Back