All-Star Ap Testing And Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 16, 2009
I'm a junior in high school, so I'm taking 3 AP tests this year. Unfortunately my first test falls on Monday, May 2nd at 8:00 in the morning, which is the day I would be getting back from worlds. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you deal with it? I'm not really sure what to do...

See if you can arrange to take the test at a different school location....if you work through your counselors or Collegeboard early enough you should be able to take it at a school in orlando. Just be aware that it has to be administered at an exact time though per region and that wont be able to be changed.

thats my problem, and the reason that im not going to worlds this year as a spectator! you can register for a different testing week (like 2 or 3 weeks later) but it's typically a harder test. you just have to inform your school guidance counselor (or whoever) that you have an unbreakable commitment that was made long before you were aware of the test dates and you are opting for the alternative day. that worked in my school but i still decided against it :/

Maybe you should leave Sunday night.

I would, but Sunday wouldn't work out because me and my mom are sharing a room with someone who is staying Sunday night. Us leaving would mean that they would have to pay more for that night.

thats my problem, and the reason that im not going to worlds this year as a spectator! you can register for a different testing week (like 2 or 3 weeks later) but it's typically a harder test. you just have to inform your school guidance counselor (or whoever) that you have an unbreakable commitment that was made long before you were aware of the test dates and you are opting for the alternative day. that worked in my school but i still decided against it :/

This might work out, I'll try it. I just found out today and started freaking out. Fingers crossed they let me take it later. But thanks for the help!

My school has finals that whole weekend. I know a lot of people are in the same boat as me. I know they had their reasons but I really wished they hadn't pushed it back a week. Competing at Worlds + the added stress of finals? Gonna be some stressed out people.

See if you can arrange to take the test at a different school location....if you work through your counselors or Collegeboard early enough you should be able to take it at a school in orlando. Just be aware that it has to be administered at an exact time though per region and that wont be able to be changed.

I've had to do this. I rearranged OGTS, ACTs, and AP tests around competitions. I literally just took them at different schools. it wasn't too difficult for me, I went to a private school, and I was allowed to take it at the public school of the district I lived in.

My school has finals that whole weekend. I know a lot of people are in the same boat as me. I know they had their reasons but I really wished they hadn't pushed it back a week. Competing at Worlds + the added stress of finals? Gonna be some stressed out people.

SAME
i cant make my flights yet either because one of my final time slots is not set....praying it is not monday (especially not at 8am...) I feel like that would make sunday and sunday night really crappy...

I'm a junior in high school, so I'm taking 3 AP tests this year. Unfortunately my first test falls on Monday, May 2nd at 8:00 in the morning, which is the day I would be getting back from worlds. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you deal with it? I'm not really sure what to do...

If u consistently study from now until then, and I mean work hard to master everything as soon as you go over it in class, you should be fine! Cheer hard, but study harder! I took 7 APs in the last two years of high school and did well in all of them because I was consistent about my studying. By worlds, you should know it all already- use the plane rides to brush up on what you've been drilling for months and I guarantee you'll do fine!

Side note: the AP review books from B&N helped a lot. If I were you, I'd go and check out which company's format you like best and get to work on those as supplements.

I had finals the weeks before and after worlds last year. it was miserable. i had to rearrange 3/5 of them. thank god my finals are all before worlds this year.

Chem or environmental science? :) There's an A test and a B test, so if you talk to your school counselor you should be able to register for the B test and take it at a later date. Some people say the B test is harder - personally I've never really seen a difference and it's a better alternative to trying to take it just after worlds.

My finals start the Monday after Worlds and I have a 830 exam, I'm going to try to move it cause I've already planned half my Worlds trip! I h8 college. Hahah

My finals start the Monday after Worlds and I have a 830 exam, I'm going to try to move it cause I've already planned half my Worlds trip! I h8 college. Hahah
I have one 2pm on Monday. I already messaged the teacher about it. I maaaay have stretched the truth a little and said I was actually competing but she'll never know. As of now I have one the Wednesday before Worlds, one the Monday after, and 2 the Wednesday after. One is a paper I can knock out and turn in before I go. Hopefully I can switch that Monday one to Reading Day, which I believe is the Tuesday before Worlds where there are no classes, no exams, it's just a day built into the schedule for studying. Then I'll have another exam online that I'll knock out before I go too.

Honestly I don't think I could handle it if I actually was competing. Too much stress around the same time!

I'm not taking the AP test but think about it this way. What would be harder: an easier test you barely had sleep the night/days before and time to study or a harder test that you were well rested for and prepared?

I'm not taking the AP test but think about it this way. What would be harder: an easier test you barely had sleep the night/days before and time to study or a harder test that you were well rested for and prepared?
I think I'll take option 2. Otherwise I would probably fall asleep during the first one. lol

Back