OT Apartment Animals...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We've been a golden family for years, however last August we decided to branch out and get a small dog. We now have a Cockalier (mix between a cocker spaniel and a cavalier king charles.. www.cockalier.org - The new Cockalier online community for serious Cockalier owners and fans. ) and she is just the absolute cutest, cuddliest thing. At 11 lbs basically full grown, she'd be good apartment size. She's not a yippy dog either, which I was worried about because of what tuckxandxtwist said, but she's great. Very smart, easy to train, and super friendly. She is energetic, but she's also a puppy, so that's to be expected. She gets along great with our golden and 2 cats as well, which is something to consider if you'll have other pets in the apt! I also like PghxCheer2 's idea about a shelter dog; that's always a great way to go! Good luck with whatever pup you choose!

Doe anyone think Mini Australian Sheapard would be good?

My parents live next door to us, and they have a Border Collie, which is practically the same as an Aussie. They need "a purpose". They need lots of exercise. They become very naughty if they are bored. Example:
She is trying to jump over a mesh pest fence in the beginning

Make sure you get a dog that doesn't mind being with cats and other dogs since your apartment is going to get pretty tight..
You should definetly rescue a dog. I agree with whoever said a greyhound- they are so sweet and kind, and there's so many who need homes.

Yeah Kitch22 I've decided I'm going to wait until about May next year and get one so it's closer to the end of the year and I can take care of it/spend more time with it in the summer. :) Still don't know what breed, probably a miniature schnauzer because I've had one mini and one standard now and I love them! And they don't shed/need alot of running space :)

Yeah Kitch22 I've decided I'm going to wait until about May next year and get one so it's closer to the end of the year and I can take care of it/spend more time with it in the summer. :) Still don't know what breed, probably a miniature schnauzer because I've had one mini and one standard now and I love them! And they don't shed/need alot of running space :)
Definitely make sure the other dogs and cats can handle another dog. My brother moved back home and brought his dog with him. Cutest little thing, but my dog is freaking out. She is shedding double the amount of hair she usually does and they fight a lot. But we can just toss the little guy out. :/

Back