All-Star Apparently Another Worlds Gym Goes Out Of Business...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IMG_6203.JPG
Illinois cheer drama?! You don't say.

I got a private message from someone stating that the UA location in Wauconda, IL is for sale. If you google the address, there is an active listing for it. 1210 Karl Court, Wauconda, IL 60084 - MLS 09660786 - Coldwell Banker

There is no other direct proof that they are actually closing as there is a difference being for sale and actually closed.

Maybe the "gym business" is not for sale but the building is...UA could very well rent from someone that owns the building?

The gym never owned the building they just leased it and is/was behind on their payments.

Their program director resigned yesterday, many of their coaches and tons of athletes have gone to ICE Barrington, Midwest Cheer Elite or CEA. How could UA be sold anyways?... there is nothing to buy. He doesn't own the building, he has barely any teams or athletes left. The only thing there is the equipment and the trophies and banners. Whatever is left will probably be seized by the US Government. What everyone needs to remember is that athletes dreams and memories are affected, and the athletes that didn't leave when the season ended back in May and trusted the UA franchise, family, coaches and the representatives of the gym, now have to scramble and hope they can find a team that is not filled...and once again...what about the money these families have paid out for the uniforms, fees, etc.... it is just sad. UA needs to call it a day and admit they can no longer succeed and move on. To keep up this facade is criminal in itself!

I was just clicking through the listing for UA's building and one of the pictures has a room labelled as tanning. Did UA have their own tanning beds? Do other gyms have this?

This is so weird to me.

I was just clicking through the listing for UA's building and one of the pictures has a room labelled as tanning. Did UA have their own tanning beds? Do other gyms have this?

This is so weird to me.
TBH it sounds like a smart idea, as long as all of the right precautions are in place and it's all legal.

I could be wrong though.

This is so weird to me.

I know back in the day (early 2000's) there were quite a few gyms with tanning beds. I'm assuming it's not as popular now due to the known dangers to your skin. I notice everyone spray tanning these days!

This is so weird to me.

I could be wrong but I think Cheer Athletics did or still do have one.?

Back