All-Star April 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"If you make a legal but poor choice as a child and it leads to my kid getting injured I'll make an even poorer choice that actually is illegal and assault you"

That makes sense...
It makes a lot of sense if you're a parent.

Drunk or high, you have no business stunting. It's not a poor choice, it's a stupid choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This is our youth 3
Not their best performance but they won NCA!

They actually went 5th to 1st after some issues on day 1!!
Love the flyers so sassy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Drunk or high, you have no business stunting. It's not a poor choice, it's a stupid choice.

I'm interested in whether gym owners/coaches think they are protected from liability by those waivers everyone has to sign if a situation were to arise where an athlete under the influence potentially "caused" an injury to a teammate.

Definitely not saying this in a bad way but I feel like I recently saw a different team do the same inversion @ :58 (unless it is a different video of the same team) -- I only took notice because I LOVE IT and want to know how to do it haha!!

I personally love level 3 teams because its the same level kind of as some high school teams like mine and its great to see how people make lower level stunts look creative

I believe LL had a transition like that at one point. They may still.

I honestly am too tired to read this entire thread but I'm telling you that ANY gym that decided to test each athlete for marijuana would lose a LARGE part of their program. Especially in the more friendly states like California, Washington, Colorado, etc. I'm not saying that Cali would lose their entire program but you would all be surprised what these athletes do at night or on the weekends? "But how do you know this?!" This was me, 4 years ago. I thought it was bad when I graduated but it's only gotten worse. Trust me, be more worried about kids shooting up than weed. NO I AM NOT SAYING ITS OKAY TO SMOKE BEFORE PRACTICE/COMP WHATEVER, but I'm saying is this doesn't deserve a damn Scarlett letter.

I honestly am too tired to read this entire thread but I'm telling you that ANY gym that decided to test each athlete for marijuana would lose a LARGE part of their program. Especially in the more friendly states like California, Washington, Colorado, etc. I'm not saying that Cali would lose their entire program but you would all be surprised what these athletes do at night or on the weekends? "But how do you know this?!" This was me, 4 years ago. I thought it was bad when I graduated but it's only gotten worse. Trust me, be more worried about kids shooting up than weed. NO I AM NOT SAYING ITS OKAY TO SMOKE BEFORE PRACTICE/COMP WHATEVER, but I'm saying is this doesn't deserve a damn Scarlett letter.
I absolutely do not give it a scarlet letter... and I honestly don't care what kids do on their own time... (As a parent who has survived teen years x 2 and almost at x 3... I am not one to never say never! I Get it!) But, like you said, before practice or a comp is not that time/place. That said, if a kid is ever severely injured because a fellow teammate chooses to engage in unwise behaviors before practice/comp... the potential negligence lawsuit...(on the gym and the parents of that athlete)!

They have no business stunting, I wasn't saying that.
I was saying that assaulting a child is even more irresponsible and criminal.

Both are awful examples to set for children, but one (the illegal/criminal one) is worse.

I'm interested in whether gym owners/coaches think they are protected from liability by those waivers everyone has to sign if a situation were to arise where an athlete under the influence potentially "caused" an injury to a teammate.

I think the parent of the kid that did the drugs/ the 18 year old that did the drugs would be the ones that are liable since the coaches don't have any way to know what the athletes do on their own time.

But I am not a lawyer so that is just a guess :D

Last edited:

Flyers Knockout :shimmy:

I said this watching them all weekend.. If everyone hits this is a top 2/3 routine.
Sparkle, Cougars, Great Whites, Knockout, and Ice Queens have all looked amazing at their last competitions, it'll be a good battle. Shame these athletes, for the 4th year in a row, don't get to compete in the Fieldhouse

They have no business stunting, I wasn't saying that.
I was saying that assaulting a child is even more irresponsible and criminal.

Both are awful examples to set for children, but one (the illegal/criminal one) is worse.
Yes, but she didn't actually say she was going to assault a child. She just said it wouldn't be handled in a court room. Parents say these kinds of things about potential things happening to their kids all the time.

Never hear a dad say he's going to beat up some kid that broke his daughter's heart? You didn't have to take her literally.

ETA: Using the dad example, I've heard quite a few dads come up with legal ways to deal with hypothetical boy situations.

I think the parent of the kid that did the drugs/ the 18 year old that did the drugs would be the ones that are liable since the coaches don't have any way to know what the athletes do on their own time.
I would agree, except for those photos circulating. I would not blame gym owners if they separated themselves from those athletes as a CYA move...probably a good example for others too of what not to do.

But I am not a lawyer so that is just a guess :D
Oh they'd all be liable in some way ...parents (even if athlete is 18) coach, owner...the list goes on.

ehh i would say the only one thats might be biased/shady in certain situations is the NFL.
I'm a D1 athlete at a Power 5 school. Trust me when I say the NCAA/school you attend does not treat every sport (and even every athlete) equally when it comes to drug testing and consequences. It's all about how valuable your sport is to the school, and how valuable you are to the school.

I'm a D1 athlete at a Power 5 school. Trust me when I say the NCAA/school you attend does not treat every sport (and even every athlete) equally when it comes to drug testing and consequences. It's all about how valuable your sport is to the school, and how valuable you are to the school.
oh no i know colleges treat their athletes with kid gloves, especially the big football program ones, i was just strictly thinking pro sports off the top of my head

Back