Are Allstar Coaches Tough?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 23, 2012
I really really want to start doing all star cheer but Im scared everyone will be better than me and all the coaches will yell at me or something. I really hate when coaches yell at me ugh.

It just depends on the gym you go to! Every coach has a different style, but I find the best coaches are the ones that push you to do your best.

Go to some gyms in your area and talk to the coaches to get a feel for how they are!

(I like coaches that yell at me :p cuz that means they know I can do better)

I wouldn't lie and say they're not, but some coaches are tougher than others. Over a decade in the sport, I've kinda gotten used to getting yelled at, and learned how to suck it up and take the criticism. I've also noticed that my coaches that have been tougher, have produced more prepared, on point, unbeatable teams.
Having a tough coach doesn't necessarily mean you have a mean coach, but you will most likely have a stronger team! Try out the sport!! There's something for everyone in it!

In any competitive sport, you are bound to run into a few tough coaches. You may get yelled at every once in a while, but you've got to remember they are only yelling to make you better. I promise you that the experiences you gain through competitive cheerleading will be totally worth getting yelled at every once in while!

Most coaches I've come across are tough at times, but it's not like they're yelling at you all the time. They're trying to help you improve! You just need to find a gym that fits you. We have a gymnastics coach that coaches our tumbling sometimes, and I love when he coaches, but some of the girls think he's too tough. He's a perfectionist (b/c he's a gymnast) and he pretty much always has a correction for you, and he doesn't say "that was good" that often (because he has a correction). Some people need that "good job!" that he doesn't give them, but I like the criticism, and I don't need someone to tell me good job. But some people do. It just shows that different people respond to different coaching styles. So try out a couple gyms near you and see which one fits you. I'm sure one will!
They do tend to be tough though, but there's definitely a difference between tough and mean. They're (hopefully) going to push you to do your best, and you just need to figure out which kind of pushing is best for you. Good luck finding a gym that fits you, and I hope you love allstar! It's a great experience!

I would rather my coach be tough on us and push us to our limits. It basically means he/she believes in us. If you don't have a coach that doesn't push you, you won't get better. Go for it.

I had a coach for my high school team my freshman year and half of last year. She was so tough on us, but she is the major reason we looked amazing at games and competitions. She was and still is one of my favorite people and one of the nicest people I've come in contact with.
Now we have a coach who is too nice and doesn't enforce anything. We don't compete and we look terrible at games. Sloppy motions, no smiles, no stunts, barely any tumbling even though half of us have fulls.... It's just not good. From my expirence, you want a tough coach. The nice ones get you nowhere.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The day I stop being tough on a kids is the day I've given up on them. I push you because I believe in you

Totally this. Thank you.

When i yell at my kids it's because i know they can do better. I don't need to yell at someone who i don't believe can handle a certain skill.

My son plays soccer and they changed coaches last year. This years coaches are really tough on the boys, but they are so much better now. As long as they are fair (don't have favorite players who can mess up every time and still get praised), he's never complained about his coaches.

It's in every sport. A coach who doesn't push, will probably not be sucessfull.

I really really want to start doing all star cheer but Im scared everyone will be better than me and all the coaches will yell at me or something. I really hate when coaches yell at me ugh.
i really dont mean to be rude but have you ever done competition cheer? All Star coaches like many other competitive cheer coaches want you and your team to suceed and they will do what ever they can to motivate you. The coaching style and personality of coaches depends on the gym

i really dont mean to be rude but have you ever done competition cheer? All Star coaches like many other competitive cheer coaches want you and your team to suceed and they will do what ever they can to motivate you. The coaching style and personality of coaches depends on the gym
No she hasn't that's why she's asking.... that's the "I want to do allstar" part.

in watching my cp's coaches from rec to all star i would say that the coaches are a lot more organized and tougher. she is only 9 so although she doesn't get yelled at too much (unless she's goofing off) she does get yelled at because they know what she is capable of.

there are different level teams so you would most likely be placed on a team to match your skill level. there will always be someone "better" than you and always someone "worse" than you. perhaps you could contact a few local gyms and go in and watch some practices then when you are ready participate in a practice...

The day I stop being tough on a kids is the day I've given up on them. I push you because I believe in you

I wish more of the parents at our gym would get that. Perhaps because I am tough on my own kids I get our coach. She is very tough and the kids in question are young but I understand that she does it because she believes in them and sees their potential.

Latest posts

Back