OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

I don't disagree with anything in this article, I only wish she had more than 9 days at the ranch because Marta and the lack of distractions will do a world of good for her. I'm still rooting for her! (though I want Laurie in the 2nd AA spot - but I'll root for her in event finals)

This article also just made me hate her family. "We cheered when she made the team because ENDORSEMENTS!" Like just be happy for your freakin kid. I also doubt being filmed for a show in the middle of training was "relaxing."

I don't disagree with anything in this article, I only wish she had more than 9 days at the ranch because Marta and the lack of distractions will do a world of good for her. I'm still rooting for her! (though I want Laurie in the 2nd AA spot - but I'll root for her in event finals)

This article also just made me hate her family. "We cheered when she made the team because ENDORSEMENTS!" Like just be happy for your freakin kid. I also doubt being filmed for a show in the middle of training was "relaxing."

Her family are opportunists. I believe that Natalie went from doing everything she could to support her child, to living vicariously through her child, to living because (financially and attention) of her child and she took all of the other siblings with her. Without Gabby they have absolutely no identity or purpose. Having a family like that I'm sure is stressful and draining and I'm sure gabby has been convinced that she owes them something when she doesn't. I hope she is mentally strong enough to erase all of this from her mind during camp and I hope her family doesn't have contact with her other than "hey I love you" until after the Olympics

I hope that Gabby gets to compete in AA qualifying along with Simone and Laurie. I will always root for Gabby. And of those 3 (2) I hope that the best 2 (1) prevail.

But also her male coach gives me a weird vibe. There's something about him that reminds me of a villain from a Disney movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That article actually breaks my heart. I truly feel for Gabby. She literally has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Her mother reads as a scheming opportunist, just continually waiting for her little cash cow to make payment. Yes, a byproduct of a successful Olympic games is fame, and often times, money. But in many ways, she's still just a little girl who needs protection. I miss the 2012 Gabby, but that person is long gone. 2016 Gabby has a job to do...keep her family happy.

But also her male coach gives me a weird vibe. There's something about him that reminds me of a villain from a Disney movie

I get that vibe with him, but I also got that vibe with Kittia much more strongly. I am NOT alleging abuse or anything, but when either of them hugged her, Gabby was so visibly uncomfortable and there was just a vibe I got that something was very wrong with the relationship. Now, she is a more serious gymnast and it may just be "I just messed up, I don't want a sympathy hug I want to get better," etc. type reaction... but again, just a gut feeling that something is not right with both of those coach-athlete relationships.

I get that vibe with him, but I also got that vibe with Kittia much more strongly. I am NOT alleging abuse or anything, but when either of them hugged her, Gabby was so visibly uncomfortable and there was just a vibe I got that something was very wrong with the relationship. Now, she is a more serious gymnast and it may just be "I just messed up, I don't want a sympathy hug I want to get better," etc. type reaction... but again, just a gut feeling that something is not right with both of those coach-athlete relationships.
I always got the feeling they were just riding out the short term popularity they would have as Olympic coaches. I actually just lump them in with the rest of "Gabby Inc". Opportunistic sponges.

i thought gabby was originally from virginia, i wanna say the coaching changes have affected her dramatically. To hear that other coaches refused to train her probably does a number on you psychologically for a while. I would think after training with someone like chow it would be hard to find another coach similar to him (chow seemed to have a very positive, friendly vibe 24/7) so that may have something to do with her attitude change as well.
her family does come off as money hungry, i hope they realize her olympic win will only last for so long, and that it doesnt guarantee a lifetime worth of checks rolling in.
i mean to go buy a 7000 sq ft home seems a little ridic. After one or two olympic cycles people find a new phenom to idolize and sponsor, So i cant see that home lasting to long....

I always got the feeling they were just riding out the short term popularity they would have as Olympic coaches. I actually just lump them in with the rest of "Gabby Inc". Opportunistic sponges.

Have you watched this?

Have you watched this?

I watched this for the first time right around nationals and was struck by how much happier she seems just a few months ago... Like that wink in the floor routine and just having fun.

Her family and maybe those coaches have extinguished her spark and it's sad to watch because her potential is through the roof.

Have you watched this?

I hadn't seen that. Sometime in the last year, her spark was lost. I'm hoping she can find it again down at camp before the Olympics.

I hadn't seen that. Sometime in the last year, her spark was lost. I'm hoping she can find it again down at camp before the Olympics.

I agree.

Having seen that before Nationals and Trials m, I guess it made it harder for me to question Kittia. She seemed to have spark in that feature, but we all know how quickly things change. I hope she finds it again

In other news....an article about Ashton

Huntersville gymnast Ashton Locklear in Olympics limbo, but still celebrating | The Charlotte Observer

It mentions fundraising for her family to get to Rio. I also so a fundraiser for Laurie's family although the clarification wasn't clear whether it meant real family or gym family

Ashton also mentions what it was like inside the room after trials...interesting that she didn't include Gabby in the group of girls that "knew" they would make the team.

I agree.

Having seen that before Nationals and Trials m, I guess it made it harder for me to question Kittia. She seemed to have spark in that feature, but we all know how quickly things change. I hope she finds it again

In other news....an article about Ashton

Huntersville gymnast Ashton Locklear in Olympics limbo, but still celebrating | The Charlotte Observer

It mentions fundraising for her family to get to Rio. I also so a fundraiser for Laurie's family although the clarification wasn't clear whether it meant real family or gym family

Ashton also mentions what it was like inside the room after trials...interesting that she didn't include Gabby in the group of girls that "knew" they would make the team.

i would say even gabby herself didnt think she was going to make it after her performance at trials.

Back