OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Was Simone Biles the only USA athlete who did two vaults? If so, surprised no one else did two vaults.

Would have been nice to see Aly go for it too, but the vaults from 2 families are so hard and while she may have one, likely isn't anywhere near as good.

Last edited:
Good job of the American gymnasts! And just so you know. Sweden has had a few runners get a Swedish membership but only like one that came here for love and not as a refugee and I don't think that Sweden would ever buy athletes but some say that we do. And that's ok, I know different but people thinks different and that's ok. Sorry for derailing the thread but read something about Scandinavian runners getting memberships fast and I could not not say something.

Skickat från min P023 via Tapatalk

I know everyone is completely obsessed with the US-american athletes... but the women from Germany just made team finals for the first time since the German reunification :) .

Was really impressed with the team on bars!! Glad to see two girls in the finals.

Wow, I never knew you had to pay for an inquiry that's interesting.
Yeah, I believe it's USD 500 per inquiry, but you get refunded (I think?) if the inquiry is accepted. The Japanese MAG are known for submitting multiple inquiries at the World Championships (I think they submitted like 3-4 of them in TF last year) and Olympics (good thing they did so during the TF in 2012, it moved them from 4th to 2nd).

If you and your coach agree that you should be credited for a particular skill or connection, then I definitely say it's worth the $500 even if it gets rejected in the end.

I hate two per country too. But someone brought up a good point on twitter. Most other sports have this rule in place as well, they are just set up a little differently and do the eliminations in Trials. Only two divers per country per discipline, only two swimmers per country per distance, etc.

Although a personally wish it was a score cutoff or top 6 qualify and then two per country afterwards.

I'm so sad about the Canadian women not making team final. They were so close, but just had too many errors, epeically on beam. Missing it by 0.168 has to be a bitter pill to swallow. My heart breaks for Brittany Rogers. She's 23, so this is probably her last Olympics. Though weirder things have happened.

I am super excited to watch Isabela Onysko in AA. Shes the current Canadian champion and qualified 9th (10th place overall when you factor in Douglas). And to see her on beam will be great.

Also Shallon Olsen qualifying for vault vault is so cool.

I'm so sad about the Canadian women not making team final. They were so close, but just had too many errors, epeically on beam. Missing it by 0.168 has to be a bitter pill to swallow. My heart breaks for Brittany Rogers. She's 23, so this is probably her last Olympics. Though weirder things have happened.

I am super excited to watch Isabela Onysko in AA. Shes the current Canadian champion and qualified 9th (10th place overall when you factor in Douglas). And to see her on beam will be great.

After looking at scores carefully, had Rogers stayed on UB, she would have probably made UB EF (+1 at least to her qualifications score) and qualified team Canada into the finals. This also means we wouldn't have had a single Chinese in UB EF and team Netherlands would be out of team finals.

Crazy what could have been had she stayed on...

After looking at scores carefully, had Rogers stayed on UB, she would have probably made UB EF (+1 at least to her qualifications score) and qualified team Canada into the finals. This also means we wouldn't have had a single Chinese in UB EF and team Netherlands would be out of team finals.

Crazy what could have been had she stayed on...

This is actually throwing me into a full on depressed state. Ugh

Me too, but too many mistakes. You can make one here or there, but with all the falls on beam and then that bad one on bars, what do you expect? I feel bad for those ladies though. They know they're capable of better

So I'm not very clued up on gymnastics scoring and didn't realise Becky hitting her feet on the bars cost her 0.5 of a point which would have put her right up there with the likes of Madison K. That had to be tough for her :(

However, I am so ready to see our guys KILL it. LETS GO TEAM GB!

Back