OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Interesting - that code was apparently adopted 1998 and modified again 2008. Those of us in school way back when were definitely taught differently - no hand on heart except during pledge.

That would definitely explain the difference.

We always stood at attention back when I was a cheerleader in college.

Whenever the National Anthem is played at local high school football games, the cheerleaders stand at attention and put their hands over their hearts. I was always taught to put my hand over my heart for the Pledge as well as the anthem.

I have never put my hand over my heart for the Anthem. Ever. I'd say it's about 50/50 for our athletes during medal ceremonies. Interestingly enough, Gabby did put her hand over her heart at the 2012 team medal ceremony, but not at the AA ceremony. Looks like she's just like everyone else in the country...50/50. People just can't and won't leave that child alone.

I really feel for Oleg as it was his step/jump on dismount that cost him. I wanted it SO bad for him!!! However it has shown Uchi is not the sure thing winner.

But I AM SO HAPPY FOR MAX!!! First AA medal since 1908! Also shout out to Nile Wilson for being so consistent and performing amazingly yet again.

Such a good day for Team GB as a whole.

Last edited:
I really feel for Oleg as it was his step/jump on dismount that cost him. I wanted it SO bad for him!!! However it has shown Uchi is not the sure thing winner.

But I AM SO HAPPY FOR MAX!!! First AA medal since 1908! Also shout out to Nile Wilson for being so consistent and performing amazingly yet again.

Such a good day for Team GB as a whole.

I'm not even from GBR but I am so happy for Max as well!

Before the final rotation there was still 6 people in contention for the medals in the AA - that's an amazing stat!

So happy for Max, he seemed a little disappointed it wasn't silver though. And Nile!! Finished 8th after spending most of the evening in 15th-18th place ish - love itttttt!!

9 Fascinating Facts About Team USA's Sparkly Leotards

Most of this is stuff I'm sure most people who follow gymnastics already know, but interesting none the less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really anything I didn't know... but the time it takes to measure, fit, and customize the leos makes me wonder if they just measure all of Team USA at a camp or something? Since we can't choose a team until the last possible second.

HELLO that All Around final was insane.

Someone needs to start telling Sam meets start like an hour and a half before they do. Because he's so sketchy for the first 2/3 rotations then decides to show up when it's too late. He said after the games his plan is to continue on for Tokyo and beyond. (Googles sports psychologist references)

CHRIS BROOKS! Six for six at the Olympics games! So proud of him.

Maybe Martha's retirement is just like a SURPRISE I'm actually just leaving the women's team for the men. (We could only hope)

Back