OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sucks because she was totally killing it until that point. Best I had seen from her in a while. That's why beam scares me so much, so unpredictable!

She's had a few bubbles in her past be routines and she has to feel the pressure of it all too! She's amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks that Simone didn't take a gold when she so clearly could have, but Bronze is nothing to sneeze at! Congrats to Laurie too---pulling out a Silver is amazing! So proud of the women. Hoping Aly and Simone got 1, 2 tomorrow for floor finals.

I am so happy for Laurie and Simone for their fine performances on the beam.

I immediately felt that if Simone is into breaking records this might be an incentive to stick around for 2020 Olympics to break that 4 Gold medals in 1 Olympics record, if she wins tomorrow on the floor, she will be tie for that record...

I really hope that Danell Leyva, Sam Mikulak, Aly Raisman, and Simone Biles can medal tomorrow! Danell will be on parallel bars and high bar. Sam will be on high bar. Also, Aly and Simone will be on floor.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I have learned to expect the unexpected.

Does this include bars finals in 2013 Worlds? Either way... bow down haha.
Does not, but I didn't realize she was on them! 17/18 then, I'll still accept it =)

Hoping Sam and Danell can hit clean today! And Aly and Simone, of course.

Armour: Laurie Hernandez's silver gymnastics medal sign of U.S. strength

"if not for a strained abdominal muscle, might have had a chance to compete in the all-around." 1. Didn't know she strained her abdominals, props to her. 2. I still don't think that would have given her Aly's place for all-around. I know she/Haney also denied her strained quad/hamstring, but that taping right above her knee is for exactly that so I do think it happened, just not severely enough to pull her out of the games.

I know I've "known" Martha is leaving for months, but I think this article is the first one that made me realize like, woah, she will have nothing to do with selecting the next Worlds team. Weird.

Armour: Laurie Hernandez's silver gymnastics medal sign of U.S. strength

"if not for a strained abdominal muscle, might have had a chance to compete in the all-around." 1. Didn't know she strained her abdominals, props to her. 2. I still don't think that would have given her Aly's place for all-around. I know she/Haney also denied her strained quad/hamstring, but that taping right above her knee is for exactly that so I do think it happened, just not severely enough to pull her out of the games.

I know I've "known" Martha is leaving for months, but I think this article is the first one that made me realize like, woah, she will have nothing to do with selecting the next Worlds team. Weird.
Four years to a gymnast is a decade for most other athletes (ask Kyla - I found it odd that she was the gymnast they used as comparison). I hope Laurie can continue to be competitive through Tokyo. She really has become one of my favorites to watch on and off the mat. And I'm honestly so sad about Martha retiring - she doesn't seem like she is ready at all. She and Bela have made Team USA the powerhouse that they are. I hope Liukin or whoever takes over can continue what the Karolyi's started.

I'm really afraid Laurie is going to grow and wind up like Kyla...except being ineligible to compete NCAA.

Laurie's mom is shorter than she is currently, so I think she has a good genetic chance at being done growing. I worry more about the growth of Ragan; I think her gymnastics will mature a bit and she will only get better the next few years... of course as long as their are no injuries and all that. Unless she finally grows.

Back