OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just want to see Gabby and Ragan have better nights. Give the kid some more beads or whatever.

I also would like to see Aly perform as well as she did Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was out last night and haven't gotten a chance to watch night 2. (I'm about to now.) Did Donnell just have an incredibly off night? I knew his lack of consistency was a concern but I honestly didn't think it would cost him a spot. I had him as a lock for a good while.

Alternates come out today, but I've got Danell, Donnell and Paul R.

So I was out last night and haven't gotten a chance to watch night 2. (I'm about to now.) Did Donnell just have an incredibly off night? I knew his lack of consistency was a concern but I honestly didn't think it would cost him a spot. I had him as a lock for a good while.

No Paul

He just wasn't as good as everyone else. Brooks killllled it and Naddour can pommel like nobody's business.

That's what I thought, I was confused there for a second.

Nope trials for wag are in two weeks.

Also I would looove to see Ashton go to Rio but I think Usa just don't have chance at medal for UB. With Downie, russians and chinese I don't think they can make it...either with Ashton or Madison.

Nope trials for wag are in two weeks.

Also I would looove to see Ashton go to Rio but I think Usa just don't have chance at medal for UB. With Downie, russians and chinese I don't think they can make it...either with Ashton or Madison.
Yep, knew it was in 2 weeks, just got confused when someone mentioned the team being decided tonight.

I still have no idea who I want to make the team.

I would say gymnastics. If you have HBO Go/Now they usually put the episodes up super quickly after they've aired. I'm gonna watch gym and then the Veep finale

I have to be up at 4:30 am so both are already passed my bedtime. I think I'm choosing GOT because everyone I encounter tomorrow will spoil it if I don't watch it. Will be watching the live score updates, though. super handy.

I have to be up at 4:30 am so both are already passed my bedtime. I think I'm choosing GOT because everyone I encounter tomorrow will spoil it if I don't watch it. Will be watching the live score updates, though. super handy.
Ahh that's true. Plus USAG will have the videos uploaded right after so it'll be easy to rewatch!

These leos are gorgeous. I really love Laurie and Simone's. Just beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paseka's form in the air is actually quite good, and her landings aren't too bad either (of course no one can beat Biles' landings), it's just her entries into the vault that's very strange (huge leg separation). To say the entire vault from start to finish is hideous is inaccurate, she is a world champion afterall.

I think the issue most people with Skinner's vaulting is that she doesn't get a good block off the vaulting table (deduction worthy and very dangerous) and lacks amplitude. Even last night, her second arm barely brushes the vault during her entry for a Cheng. Her form in the air is pretty good too, but in all honesty, it's quite amazing that she's able to wrap around fast enough to perform an Amanar with the lack of a solid block.

Even if Paseka has to downgrade everything during Rio, there are other athletes who have the potential to out score Skinner in vault - Wang and Steingruber come to mind. Especially if Steingruber performs her front handspring entry to a front double twist vault.

We can all see how much Skinner has improved, but there's just something about her execution that just isn't refined - many very minor form breaks that add up along with what looks like a very laboured floor routine (PLEASE, take out that wolf turn). I just don't see her being the best option as part of the team at this point in time.

I completely agree 100% Skinner is known for her one armed Cheng and it's really dangerous I'm shocked she get credit for it. I also really don't think Paeska form is hideous it's improved drastically since 2012 she may be injured but that doesn't mean she won't be ready by Rio. Also Maggie is supposed to compete an Amanar at trials as well as Gabbie is rumored to have one at trials. I just don't think Skinner could bring much to the team. Also her form drives me absolutely batty.

Paseka is recovering from an injury and barely has her Amanar back so I wouldn't write off Skinner's chances for a vault medal. She could absolutely snag bronze or even silver. Not to mention Skinner has always scored better internationally than she has at home AND her Amanar is pretty clean and could be used in Team Finals. Also Paseka's vaults are hideous even when she's healthy, so I definitely think Skinner could place abover her if she hits. Skinner has improved a LOT and I think she could make into floor finals if Raisman makes any mistakes in quals. Also, I doubt Marta cares whether or not people on the Internet like her.

This isn't directed at you, but I personally think it's useless to bring a girl solely for bars. It will only add a couple of tenths to the team score and I doubt any American is gonna medal on bars in EF. I'd love to be proven wrong, but the competition is going to be insane with two Chinese girls, two Russians, and probably two Brits all battling for a medal. If the US wants to maximize EF medals I think it'd be smarter to bring Skinner.

ETA: I think Gabby really turns it up when it counts. She had an off day, but I think she will absolutely pull it together when she needs to.
Though I think your points are valid Skinners Cheng is scary sometimes it's a one armed Cheng and that's really scary. If she missed her hand which I've seen her do she would get a 0 on her VT. Though Martha doesn't care what people think other than VT MyKayla just doesn't have much to offer the team. She absolutely no Maroney. Also I really doubt she would make floor finals her technique isn't there as well as Gabbie and Laurie out scoring her on day 1. Though they haven't gone yet today. If there going to send someone specifically for a event final medal, I would send Kocian or Locklear over her any day I just think they would have a better chance especially with Komova out. Also their gymnastics is estectically nicer.

Back