All-Star As A Coach, What Would You Do If..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Place her on whichever team would benefit from having her the most. If j5 needs another strong base, put her there. If J5 already has all the bases you need that have the full set of level 5 skills then put her on J4.

and just work on the power in her standing handsprings over the summer for whichever team she ends up on

I'm not a coach but will give my opinion anyway :-D Start her out on J4 and if she progresses over the summer think about moving her to J5. Let her know that this is a possibility but that she has to come in to work on those lvl 5 skills that she is lacking. (Unless she is totally content with J4).

Definitely a lot more to all star cheer than tumbling, but IDK if I would put her on a level 5 team until she could do triple toe back UNLESS there are other kids going on that team that don't have them. A lot would depend on how you place kids on your teams across the board. Do you put kids on other teams without the minimum standing tumbling required? My opinion is try and be consistent across the board with all your athletes.

I think it completely depends on what the TEAM needs. All to often people look at ones tumbling and assume they should be on Level X. That is not always the case. I'd look at the team and if they need what YOU have then you are that level for that team.

i would say j4. just because she has a full does NOT mean level 5!
And if she only has standing 3, then she still hasnt mastered level 4 (even if it is just hand hand tuck), so imagine how she would feel being put on a team because of ONE of these 3 tumbling skills. she would be behind in everything other than running tumbling.

if J5 really does end up needing a strong base, move her up then but i would definitely never have someone without two to a layout on a level 5 at least..

Thanks everyone!
She's always happy, never late, always there.
She's most likely going to be on Junior 4 this season and possibly crossover.
She's is a great learner, but getting her standing two to back just has been impossible for her.

Something I don't get....she has a standing back but not a 2 to back? A standing back is harder so that makes no sense. Just curious.

Something I don't get....she has a standing back but not a 2 to back? A standing back is harder so that makes no sense. Just curious.

My daughter had her standing back long before she had 2 to tuck. I actually thought she'd get a standing back before she got a ROBHST LOL!

Back