Athlete A

Discussion in 'Random' started by Sterling von Shimmer, Jun 26, 2020.

1. NJ Coach

NJ Coach 10's Across the Board....literally. Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    She has made statements. Media had mentioned the NDA around the time of the trial. USAG revoked the NDA fine during the trial when everyone found out about it, clearing her to speak if she so wanted. Of course, the NDA was illegal under Cali law, so there's that.

2. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    ohh ok. yeah watching the doc was the first time i heard about the NDA so wasnt sure.....

3. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    yes. that and the part about her parents saying the media and cameras that typically marked where they sat during the seasons competitions were gone come trials. As a parent that had to be a glaring red flag on the most important day of the girls gymnastics career at the time.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  4. quietmom

quietmom Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    exhaustedmom79
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    The Karolyis are very problematic and disgusting as well. At best, they are disgusting child abusers. At worst, they are disgusting child abusers who also enable and covered up other child abusers and child rapers.

5. cheerbowgirl101

cheerbowgirl101 Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    It’s scary to think that because of the similar environments(little girls and boys spending long hours alone with intense adult coaches), of gymnastics and cheerleading, this could happen in the cheer world as well. And it could be covered up just as easily. Just scary. Plus cheer is pretty poorly regulated by USA Cheer/USASF sadly.

6. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Yeah, she's made a couple of statements in the last few years. Poor McKayla had a hell of a time. Her coaches were also extremely abusive and have been sued several times.